Chapter 182 A Man Who Is Afraid of the Cold

"I..I..'m...s-s-sorry...!"

Lin Xiao tried his best to apologize as his tears kept falling.

He knew he had been wrong. He knew which son really cared and loved him the most. But everything was now too late.

If he had another chance, he wouldn't have treated Lin Wen and his family like this. He was really sorry!

Lin Wen couldn't hold it in anymore. He hugged Lin Xiao and started crying loudly. The TV crew filmed this touching scene between father and son.

Lin Yuzhen didn't hold it in either. Her eyes were red too.

She suddenly felt that Lin Xiao was really old now. His hair was all white, his face was all sunken and there was no life in him. He was like a candle in the wind, and could go out anytime.

Even Su Mei didn't say anything at all.

She didn't see the Lin Xiao from before. All she saw was a lonely and pitiful old man who was filled with regret. Even if she hated Lin Xiao in the past, she couldn't find it in herself to hate him now.

She was a kindhearted woman after all. There were many photos of Lin Xiao and Lin Wen embracing each other and crying uploaded online, and these photos completely overturned all of Lin Qiang's lies.

It caused a great commotion and Lin Wen's reputation reached its peak.

Even Governor Zhang went to parliament and said that everyone ought to learn from Lin Wen, and that there should be more kindhearted and socially responsible businessmen like Lin Wen.

This was public recognition from the government.

Lin Group's reputation had also risen in Donghai as a result.

It wasn't just because of what happened at the TV station, but more because everyone could feel that Lin Group really wasn't just a cold business entity. Lin Group had that human touch to it.

Lin Wen personally helped Lin Xiao to bathe, get a new change of clothes, fed him and sent him to the hospital for a checkup.

Lin Wen had done all this not just for show. He was doing this as a son. He wanted to do what a son ought to do for his elderly father, even though this father had let him down.

Jiang Ning and the rest of the family didn't say anything. There was nothing to say. After a period of rest and treatment, Lin Xiao's condition had improved considerably.

Lin Wen offered to take him home, but Lin Xiao kept shaking his head and refused to. "l...I..have..no...r-r-right to." That was all he said.

"Su Mei has agreed, she's forgiven you already," said Lin Wen quickly. He thought Lin Xiao was worried that Su Mei didn't agree.

"I..let Su Mei d-d-down...she...she...is a... good...d-d-aughter-in-law, I...don't blame her...for b-b-being angry..."

Lin Xiao still shook his head.

He refused to go home with Lin Wen and chose to go to a nursing home instead. Lin Wen's family was now filled with joy and harmony, so Lin Xiao didn't want to disrupt their lives.

Lin Wen couldn't do anything about it either, so he sent Lin Xiao to the best nursing home in Donghai and got a private nurse for him.

Su Mei went to visit him twice. Lin Xiao was so touched that he kept crying and apologizing, so much so that Su Mei couldn't help but cry too.

At night.

Lin Yuzhen lay on the bed as she thought about what happened.

There were many things that turned out in an unexpected manner, and sometimes the result was very touching.

"Jiang Ning, do you think we all have to wait till we're old to realize what sort of person we are?"

"Not necessarily," Jiang Ning didn't move. "I'm so young but I already know what sort of person I am."

"Then what sort of person are you?" asked Lin Yuzhen out of curiosity.

"I am a man.. who's afraid of the cold," said Jiang Ning as he curled up.

The entire room suddenly fell silent.

He could hear Lin Yuzhen's slightly nervousbreathing...