Chapter 53

Lin Qiang’s face was frozen.

The directors also froze on the spot. One of the directors sitting closest to the receipts decided to take a peek at the receipts, to find that all of them had Jiang Ning’s name clearly stated on them!

How could this be?

He had married into the family and had to rely on them for food and shelter. It was already not bad if he had food to eat, so how could he have so much money?

“Lin Yuzhen must have transferred the money to you and used your name to buy all this!” shouted one of the directors.

PAK!

Jiang Ning slapped him across the face. “Are you an idiot? Or you think everyone is one?”

It was very easy to check something like that. Which idiot would do this?

“You…”

The director held his cheek, furious that Jiang Ning had actually slapped him.

“CEO Lin, I said earlier that I’ve already recorded all the things you said just now. So we’ll hire a lawyer and sue you for slander. I’ll see you in court then.”

Lin Qiang’s face turned nasty. He didn’t expect things to turn out like that.

He didn’t have proof of anything he said. He had only heard about these things from Lin Feng.

He knew Lin Yuzhen and family very well. They couldn’t have had so much money, so the only explanation was that she had either been in cahoots with Huang Yuming, or she must have embezzled it from the company.

Who needed evidence to prove this?

But now Jiang Ning had evidence that this money was all his. But how could this be?

He found it hard to believe that a homeless lad like Jiang Ning would have so much money.

Suddenly his face paled. Jiang Ning had given Huang Yuming half a bun back then and saved Huang Yuming’s life. Could Huang Yuming have given Jiang Ning this money as a token of gratitude?

His face looked even worse now. He wasn’t successful in humiliating Lin Yuzhen, and now Jiang Ning was going to bring them to court.

“Lin Yuzhen, is all this money really Jiang Ning’s?” Lin Qiang couldn’t help but ask through clenched teeth.

“Yes.”

Lin Yuzhen smiled coldly.

All of this was bought with Jiang Ning’s money. “CEO Lin, are you very disappointed that all this money wasn’t from me embezzling company funds?”

Her words were like a slap in Lin Qiang’s face.

Lin Qiang’s face reddened.

“Hmph! I don’t care whether it’s your money or this homeless man’s money, it doesn’t matter!”

He continued shouting, “You’ve leaked company secrets and so Lin Group cannot trust you anymore. The chairman has already sent instructions to fire you, so from today onwards, all projects under Lin Group will have nothing to do with you!”

This was in order to forcibly take the project back from Lin Yuzhen’s hands.

“CEO Lin, you’ve got it wrong again.”

Jiang Ning didn’t wait for Lin Yuzhen to say anything before continuing, “Today, Yuzhen is here to resign.”

“It’s not that your company is firing Yuzhen, your tiny company isn’t worthy of us.”

Jiang Ning glanced at the directors and continued calmly, “I mean, seriously, my wife is such an outstanding lady, but she has to work with this bunch of idiots here, what a waste of her talent.”

“Jiang Ning, you’re outrageous!”

“The outrageous one is you.”

Jiang Ning wasn’t polite anymore. “About that project that Yuzhen is in charge of. What has that got to do with Lin Group?”

Lin Qiang was so angry he burst out laughing. “That belongs to the Lin family!”

“Oh really?”

Jiang Ning smiled cheekily. “Is that what it says on the contract?”

Lin Qiang’s heart suddenly dropped and he got the legal department to bring the contract over. The contract stated clearly that one party was Huang Yuming’s company, but the other party was Lin Yuzhen. There were many clauses that stated clearly that the only person involved in this entire project was Lin Yuzhen, and had nothing to do with Lin Group.

The land and partners in the project were all stated as having an agreement with only Lin Yuzhen. Every single step of the way was managed and handled solely by Lin Yuzhen. All traces of the project had only connection to Lin Yuzhen alone.

“What…what is going on?”

Lin Qiang was going mad. How did the contract become like this?

The director of the legal department was as pale as Lin Qiang. She was very sure that the contract she had approved didn’t look like this.

The contract had been swapped out! But that was impossible!

“You Lins want to try and snatch something that belongs to our Yuzhen.”

Jiang Ning shook his head. He shook it with great disdain. “CEO Lin, all of you are very greedy.”