Chapter 110

"Dr John, how did it go?" Su Mei and Lin Yuzhen immediately got up and walked over as they asked anxiously.

"The surgery was very successful. The Achilles tendon has been reattached, and the nerves are still working. He should feel something after a month, then start recovering after two months. I'll give him maximum 6 months to start walking."

This was a conservative estimate. "Of course, if you follow my physiotherapy instructions, it will take less time."

Su Mei and Lin Yuzhen burst into tears of joy.

Their tears were unstoppable.

Lin Wen could finally stand again!

"Thank you doctor! Thank you doctor!"

Su Mei was going to fall to her knees soon.

John quickly helped her up. "Auntie, don't do this, you'll shave years off my life!"

She was amused that this fellow knew this sort of Chinese superstition.

"I...I don't know how to thank you!" Su Mei's eyes were all red from crying.

"Jiang is my brother, so you don't have to be so formal!" John laughed. "I heard Auntie makes really good sweet vinegar pork ribs, so it's enough if I get to try some."

Su Mei quickly nodded her head vigorously.

"Enough. So much nonsense."

Jiang Ning glared at John. How dare he try to snatch food from him?

John could dream on.

That was a dish his mother-in-law prepared specially for him, so there was no way Jiang Ning was letting anyone else eat it.

Jiang Ning was even scarier when he was protecting his food than when he was angry.

"Since everything's settled, you should go do whatever else you need to. What dinner do you want?"

Jiang Ning had never been polite to John.

John could only shrug when he saw Jiang Ning's reaction.

He looked at Lin Yuzhen with a meaningful glance. He was surprised that there was actually a woman who managed to capture Jiang Ning's heart. That was amazing!

"I've already prepared Uncle's recovery plan, so as long as you get a professional to supervise, then there shouldn't be any problem."

He did have other things to do. In order to perform this surgery on Lin Wen, he had pushed aside all his other engagements and specially took two months to prepare for the surgery.

In this world, the only person who could make him do something like that, was Jiang Ning.

John really left after that and didn't waste a single minute.

He was afraid that if he didn't leave now, the food protecting Jiang Ning wouldn't let him leave in one good piece anymore!

Lin Wen's face was still a little pale when he emerged from the operating theatre. But he couldn't hide the energy in his eyes.

He could feel that he was going to be able to stand up soon!

"Mr Jiang, I've already prepared the VIP room and physiotherapy room. There will be a professional physiotherapist on hand to help with that part," the Vice-chairman smiled and tried to butter up to Jiang Ning. "Please be rest assured, Dr John's friends are our friends, so everything will be free of charge. Also, we will do our best to take good care of Chairman Lin."

He was most afraid that Jiang Ning would refuse his offer.

"Sure, I'll have to trouble you then."

After thinking about it, Jiang Ning nodded and added on, "I'll make my own arrangements for security."

"Sure, sure, no problem!"

The Vice-Chairman was so excited.

If he could get close to Jiang Ning, he would do anything for him. Every little thing counted as a favor.

Then at least he had a small chance of inviting Dr John back for another lecture.

He ran off to make arrangements.

"Jiang Ning, thank you," Lin Wen said very seriously.

He knew that all this was possible because of Jiang Ning. In the operating theatre, there were more than ten experts in the field serving as John's assistants.

Those were the best of Donghai First Hospital!

But they were all like students in front of John,and it was clear how amazing Dr John was.

"No need to be so polite with your own son," Jiang Ning laughed. "Your son-in-law is half a son too."

"You're one full son," Lin Wen said as he took in a deep breath.

Their family owed Jiang Ning too much and he really didn't know how to repay him.

Lin Wen then glanced at Lin Yuzhen and actually sighed.

Lin Yuzhen's face immediately reddened.

Was her father going to use her to repay Jiang Ning?

Su Mei pushed Lin Wen to his ward to rest. The two of them talked among themselves and Lin Yuzhen couldn't tell what they were talking about.

Jiang Ning left with Lin Yuzhen.

He gave Huang Yuming a call so he could arrange for men to guard Lin Wen round the clock.

"Jiang Ning, I think I'm doomed." Lin Yuzhen lowered her head and finally spoke up after a long time in the car.