Chapter 174 Didn't See Anything

Lin Wen was referring to Lin Xiao.

After Lin Qiang sold off the Lin family assets cheaply to Zhou Hua, he had also sold off the bungalow that Lin Xiao used to live in and threw Lin Xiao into a nursing home. He had left a bit of money behind and didn't care anymore after that.

Lin Wen could only imagine what sort of despair an old man who had suffered a stroke and was spending his days in a nursing home would be going through. His eyes were red. "He had done many wrong things and I've blamed him before. I've even hated him before."

If not for Lin Xiao, Su Mei wouldn't have suffered so much. Lin Yuzhen might have been able to continue what she wanted to do, and furthered her studies.

But Lin Xiao was his own father after all. He felt awful about having to watch Lin Xiao wait to die all by himself.

"I know this old man has done many terrible things and made all of you sad, and I'm angry about it too," Lin Wen looked at Su Mei and Lin Yuzhen. "But he's my father after all, and I can't bear to just watch him."

Su Mei didn't say anything.

She didn't move her chopsticks either. She looked at Lin Wen and it was hard to tell what she was feeling from her expression. If you wanted to talk about being angry, Su Mei could get angry, and she could get very angry too.

After she had married into the Lin family, she had suffered so much and had been disdained and cast aside so many times. She never talked about it but Lin Wen knew about all of this.

The home had finally become better now. So if they took that old man back in, would a war start again?

"Dear," Lin Wen started. He could tell Su Mei wasn't very happy about this. "I'm just suggesting this and I want to discuss with all of you. If you don't agree, it's alright. After all, he was the one who let you down."

He took a deep breath and squeezed a smile out. "Those who did wrong should be rightfully punished after all."

Lin Yuzhen didn't say anything either. She knew that the one who had suffered the most was Su Mei. If Su Mei didn't say anything, she didn't have the right to say anything.

Jiang Ning hadn't spent a long time in this family and wasn't so sure about some of the things that happened in the past, so he wasn't going to say anything either.

But he knew that Lin Wen was a filial son, both in the past and now. He was a kindhearted man to begin with, and this was something that he couldn't change. In fact, that was exactly why Su Mei fell for him, and that was also why Su Mei continued to stay by his side despite all that happened.

This entire family was kindhearted. Lin Wen, Su Mei were both kind, and they had brought up an even kinder Lin Yuzhen.

A kindhearted family.

"Dear, don't be angry, ok?" Lin Wen started getting anxious when he saw that Su Mei wasn't saying anything.

He quickly threw glances at Lin Yuzhen and Jiang Ning to help persuade their mum.

Not to persuade her to agree, but to persuade her not to be angry.

"I'm not angry." Su Mei rolled her eyes at Lin Wen before Lin Yuzhen could help. "I'm just wondering where the old man will sleep since our house is so small. Surely you can't let an elderly stroke patient sleep on the sofa, right?"

In the hospital, Su Mei had been together with Lin Wen everyday and knew that Lin Wen had not slept well since he found out about what happened to Lin Xiao. As his wife, she naturally knew what he was thinking about.

Of course she hated him!

She had suffered so much, so it was difficult for her to forget what happened or to forgive him so easily. She was kindhearted, but she wasn't a saint.

But she didn't want Lin Wen to feel guilty or upset either.

That was her husband. The man she loved the most.

Lin Wen froze when he heard Su Mei's response and didn't react.

Even Lin Yuzhen was stunned.

This must have been a hard decision for Su Mei to make.

"Why are all of you looking at me?" Su Mei scoffed when she saw that everyone's eyes were on her. "All you Lins are horrible people and only know how to bully me. Since you've already decided, then I can't raise any objections."

"Jiang Ning, you and I are going to be on the same team from now on, so you have to protect me, ok?"

Jiang Ning smiled and nodded. "No problem."

"Dear, you're really agreeable to this?" Lin Wen asked excitedly.

"If not?"

Su Mei looked at her husband. She knew Lin Wen too well. If she didn't agree, he would find it hard to sleep, he would feel guilty and he would lose his appetite. She didn't know how she had fallen for such a man.

"Thank you dear!" Lin Wen grabbed Su Mei and kissed her on the lips. Su Mei's face instantly blushed and pushed him away.

"What are you doing! The children are all here!"

She turned around to see Jiang Ning and Lin Yuzhen both cover their eyes at the same time.

"We didn't see anything!"

Late at night, Jiang Ning kept turning on the floor. He was trying to use his actions to tell Lin Yuzhen that the floor was a little cold and hoped she would let him sleep on the bed.

But Lin Yuzhen didn't say anything.

"Jiang Ning?"

"Yeah?"

When he suddenly heard Lin Yuzhen's voice, Jiang Ning was ready to get up and roll his blanket away already.