Chapter 35

“Jiang Ning!”

Lin Yuzhen shouted at him, “You are not to talk about my father like that!”

Her eyes were all red and her tears couldn’t stop flowing.

Nobody was allowed to talk about her father like that!

Jiang Ning just ignored her. “If you were firmer, or if you stood up against all this, you think Mum and Yuzhen would have been so badly bullied?”

“Mum has worn that dress for several years now, hasn’t she?”

“Does she still buy any cosmetics at all?”

“Yuzhen could have furthered her studies, but why did she enter Lin Group immediately after getting a basic degree?”

“She goes out first thing in the morning and comes back late at night, working harder than anyone else, working more tirelessly than anybody else, but is her salary higher than everybody else?”

Every word from Jiang Ning was going to tear Lin Wen apart!

He didn’t leave a single bit of sympathy, shredding Lin Wen’s pride to pieces with a few words.

Lin Wen couldn’t take care of his wife nor protect his own daughter – what sort of man was he?

“Jiang Ning…I beg you, don’t say anymore.”

Lin Yuzhen tugged at Jiang Ning’s sleeve. “Don’t hurt my dad anymore, please?”

Jiang Ning looked at Lin Yuzhen, then parked the car at the side of the road.

“I’m not hurting him. The one who has hurt him all this time is himself.”

Jiang Ning continued, “His legs have lost all feeling, and so physically, he can’t stand. But now? He can’t even stand emotionally.”

“Jiang Ning is right.”

Lin Wen laughed bitterly. “I’ve knelt down for too long and can’t stand anymore, it’s not because of my actual legs.”

“I can make sure your legs are healed and you will be able to stand again. But if you don’t pick yourself up and stand up in your mind, then it’s meaningless to treat your legs,” Jiang Ning responded without reservation.

Lin Wen looked up and met Jiang Ning’s eyes.

“Mum chose you – can you bear to see her be a loser for the rest of her life?”

BOOM…

Lin Wen suddenly felt like his head exploded.

Let Su Mei be a loser for the rest of her life?

She had married a weakling like himself, a disabled weakling. She had been laughed at by her own family so many times, but Su Mei had never grumbled about it in front of him before.

He pretended that he didn’t know about any of this, but could he still continue to pretend?

“No!”

Lin Wen suddenly clenched his fists and his expression became fierce. “I won’t let her be a loser for life! She’s my wife, and I won’t let anyone laugh at her because of me!”

Jiang Ning nodded and started the car again.

“That’s good enough. Prepare yourselves, our family is going to rise from the ashes.”

Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen were both confused. Their family was going to rise from the ashes?

What did Jiang Ning mean by that?

But Jiang Ning didn’t elaborate further.

When they reached home, Lin Wen’s eyes were all red. He didn’t say anything and went straight to sleep, and Su Mei was a bit worried.

“Yuzhen, what happened?”

Lin Yuzhen shook her head.

Lin Wen had become like that after what Jiang Ning said. She was also worried, and she glared at Jiang Ning. Why did he have to say such pointed things?

“Mum, don’t worry, Dad is just tired. Tomorrow he’ll be a changed man.”

With that, Jiang Ning went into his room.

……

Meanwhile, at the hot spring clubhouse.

Hei Hu’s face was very nasty.

He stared at Lin Qiang and coldly said, “CEO Lin, it’s not very ethical of you to hide so much from me.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that the project was linked to Huang Yuming?”

“Brother Hu, what are you talking about? That project belongs to the Lins, what has it got to do with Huang Yuming? He’s merely sold us some things, and that’s all settled.”

Lin Qiang snorted. “But that Lin Yuzhen is really something, I suspect she’s sleeping with Huang Yuming and serving him really well, and that’s why she’s so daring.”

“I don’t care about any of these.”

Hei Hu waved his hand. “Because of this errand I ran for you, I still have 68 brothers stuck at the construction site. 100k per head – you tell me, how are you going to settle this?”

Lin Qiang smiled calmly and didn’t speak.

How was he going to settle this?

Bloody hell, Hei Hu had taken five freaking million from him, still hadn’t managed to fulfil his mission and was now asking him how he was going to settle this?

Hei Hu’s men were all useless pieces of garbage!

When he saw Lin Qiang look as though none of this was his business, Hei Hu cursed in his heart.

He knew that Lin Qiang wasn’t going to give him anymore money. After all, he had taken his money but hadn’t settled what he was supposed to do, so it wasn’t going to be easy to get anymore money.

“Now that Huang Yuming is involved, it’s going to be difficult to settle.”

Hei Hu continued, “Besides, I’ve looked up Huang Yuming already. He says there’s someone backing him, and it’s someone I can’t afford to offend!”