Chapter 141

Chapter 141

"What do you mean by that?" Lin Yuzhen had been trying to tolerate everything all this while and didn't want to say anything because everyone present were her elders.

But Xu Ming ended up getting bolder and more arrogant and ended up getting carried away.

What did he mean by that? Was he saying that Lin Yuzhen was shameless and had used some despicable means to earn money?

What sort of elder was he?!

"Yuzhen, what are you doing?!" Su Hong yelled at her before Xu Ming responded. "Is this how you talk to your elders?"

"Do you behave like elders?" Lin Yuzhen was so angry that she started smiling. "Since the minute we stepped in, you've been putting us down and putting my parents down too. Does our family owe you something?"

"Or are you upset because you realize that we're doing better than your family right now?"

Lin Yuzhen glared at Su Hong and didn't hold back anymore. "That's right, my family is rich, VERY rich. And this money is all from my husband. Why? You have an issue with that?!" She really couldn't stand it anymore.

She had always treated Su Hong and Xu Ming as her elders, but had they ever treated her as family?

They even went so far as to say something like that!

Lin Yuzhen was kindhearted, but it didn't mean that she would allow anyone to just bully her. Jiang Ning sat there and didn't say anything. This was the first time he had seen Lin Yuzhen get angry, and he knew that Lin Yuzhen had to get angry now.

He didn't say anything because he wanted Lin Yuzhen to understand that kindness was for those who deserved it, and not just anyone. "You..." Su Hong was angry now and stood up to point a finger at Lin Yuzhen. "You're so rude! You think I would be jealous of your family? What a joke!"

"Your mum was stupid back then! She married a cripple and ruined the rest of her life. I didn't manage to persuade her, but now you're even dumber by finding some man to marry into the family! Our Su family reputation is now in tatters because of you and your mother!"

Su Hong was furious, as if Lin Yuzhen had guessed what was in her heart. "What's there to be jealous about? You say your family's rich, but how rich could you be? Richer than mine? Huh?!"

Neither Su Gang nor Su Qin imagined that Xu Ming would say something like that.

They could drop a hint or two to Lin Yuzhen as her elders, but it still wasn't appropriate to say this sort of thing.

Besides, Jiang Ning was still here.

Su Gang was angry when he heard these words too. No elder should talk about their younger family members like that.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but our family is really richer than yours," Jiang Ning spoke up quietly before Su Gang could step in to speak up for Lin Yuzhen.

He stood up and took Lin Yuzhen's hand, and Lin Yuzhen immediately calmed back down. "As the heir to the Lin Group, Yuzhen is now worth about a few billion. It's not much compared to some people, but it's definitely way more than yours."

"Heir to the Lin Group?" Su Hong was silent for three seconds, as if she had been hit by a cannonball. Then she started yelling again, "That's impossible! That useless Lin Wen couldn't have inherited the Lins' assets!"

"Are you still trying to fool me?!"

"The old Lin Group has already collapsed. There's a new Lin Group now, and my father-in- law is the chairman while Yuzhen is the CEO" Jiang Ning continued calmly. "You mean First Aunt doesn't know about this?"

Su Hong's face was all red from anger. She refused to believe any of this.

Su Mei was doing better than she was?

That wasn't possible!

"Actually I didn't want to let Yuzhen come here, because eating with people like you is just below us," Jiang Ning was no longer polite. "Grandma, Yuzhen and I have something on, so we won't eat with you today."

Since things had come to this, Jiang Ning knew thatLin Yuzhen had no more mood to stay here anymore, so he held Lin Yuzhen's handand turned to leave.