Chapter 131

Chapter 131

Mud started flying everywhere and roars filled the sky.

After fighting for more than two hours, the last one standing was Number 3. He stood there and smiled, and didn't even bother wiping away the mud on his face.

"Trying to fight with me? You guys gotta buck up!" Number 3 gloated, then turned to look at Brother Gou. "How''s it? Can you make a decision now?"

"Sure," Brother Gou nodded. "Number 3, listen up. This is a very important mission so don't embarrass us!"

"Even if I die, I'll make sure Big Boss' father-in-law is safe!"

Nobody had any regrets.

If they lost, they lost. Since they were willing to fight fairly for it, they were willing to admit defeat too.

But they knew very well that they were walking along the right path to never stop becoming stronger. They must never stop becoming stronger!

All of them were all pumped up, not because of what Jiang Ning would reward them with, but because of the faith and confidence Jiang Ning had in them.

Su Mei was in the hospital looking after Lin Wen, so the duty of cooking at home naturally fell onto Lin Yuzhen.

But compared to Su Mei, Lin Yuzhen's cooking wasn't really good at all.

"Or else, we'll go out and eat? My treat?"

Lin Yuzhen glanced at all the dishes she cooked on the table. Nothing seemed quite right in terms of color, smell or taste.

She rarely cooked. Su Mei was such a perfect wife and mother, so there was no chance for her to cook at all.

"No need." Jiang Ning didn't seem to care and ate like everything was really tasty.

When he was out completing missions, he had eaten all sorts of things before and his stomach could take anything now.

Besides, this was the first time he was eating Lin Yuzhen's cooking, so Jiang Ning looked like he was enjoying himself.

Instead it was Lin Yuzhen who couldn't stand eating any of it.

It was too salty!

Riiiiing...

Just when she was about to tell Jiang Ning that he'd better not eat anymore, the house phone rang.

Lin Yuzhen walked over to pick it up. "Hello? First Aunt? My mum isn't home, she's with my dad in the hospital."

"Grandma''s seventieth birthday?"

There was an obvious change in Lin Yuzhen's tone of voice. "Ok, our family will attend, I'll letmy parents know."

After hanging up the phone, Lin Yuzhen's expression didn't look too good.

"What's wrong?"

Jiang Ning had nearly finished everything on the table.

"My maternal grandmother's seventieth birthday."

Lin Yuzhen smiled bitterly. Her eldest aunt loved organizing this sort of thing and insisted on celebrating her grandmother's birthday every year.

It wasn't because her eldest aunt was really filial. She just wanted to take this chance to put up a big show of how filial she was and collect more gifts. She was the organizer and took charge of the whole thing, so she called the shots on how much to spend.

Su Mei's family was poor and couldn't contribute so much, so this aunt had looked down on them and treated them badly for several years now.

As a result, Su Mei never bought anything for herself and kept the money to buy something nice for her mother.

Otherwise she would be labeled an unfilial daughter again.

"Dad definitely can't go," said Lin Yuzhen. "Mum has to take care of Dad and definitely can't go either, so what am I going to do?"

"If our family doesn't send someone there, I don't know what other awful things First Auntis I going to say."

She knew her eldest aunt the best. This aunt would say anything she wanted and she dared to say absolutely anything.

"Then we'll go,' replied Jiang Ning. "It's only right for us to celebrate the birthday of our elders. I'll prepare a present too."

"Wait, what?" Lin Yuzhen quickly shook her head. "No, don't spend this money."

In her heart, she didn't want to go at all. She didn't like seeing those relatives.

After Lin Wen was crippled, which relative had ever shown any concern for them? They even laughed behind their backs, saying that Lin Wen was a cripple for the rest of his life and Su Mei was blind for thinking that she married a rich man when she really married a cripple.

Lin Yuzhen never talked about it, but she knew all about it.

She was kindhearted, but it didn't mean that she could keep pretending that she didn't know others were bullying her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very very very very sorry for the long break. 

I have been busy and done a lot of things. Hopefully the updates will be more consistent from now on.