Chapter 145

Chapter 145

Lin Yuzhen didn't say anything on the way back. After a long time, she finally turned to look at Jiang Ning. "Am I very stupid?"

"How could my wife be stupid?"

"You always say that I'm kindhearted, but being too kind is equal to being stupid, right?" Lin Yuzhen laughed bitterly at herself. "That First Aunt of mine has always looked down on my family. I don't like her, but I simply couldn't bring myself to hate her only because she's my aunt." "But there are people in this world that don't deserve my kindness, right?"

"You've not said anything today because you want me to understand this, isn't it?" she looked at Jiang Ning and asked in a serious tone of voice.

"I just told you that my dear wife isn't stupid, in fact you're very clever," laughed Jiang Ning. That was exactly what he was thinking.

Lin Yuzhen was too kindhearted. If she remained under his protection, it was fine to go on like that.

In fact, her kindheartedness was the most beautiful thing in the world, and it was something that Jiang Ning was willing to treasure and cherish with all his life.

But now, Lin Yuzhen wouldn't remain under his protection forever. She wanted to grow and wanted to become more perfect.

Now Lin Wen was heading Lin Group, but what about later? What about the future?

Jiang Ning wasn't going to put all his energies into a small company. The company would be Lin Yuzhen's responsibility.

After Jiang Ning replied her, Lin Yuzhen didn't say anything.

She looked out of the window, and took a deep breath after a long time.

"Jiang Ning, I realize that I'm starting to like you a little."

She didn't look at Jiang Ning, but these words made Jiang Ning's heart leap for joy. But he just nodded slightly and replied calmly, "Keep it that way."

When they reached the entrance to Lin Group, Lin Yuzhen alighted and everyone behind her also got out of their cars.

"CEO Lin, all the investors are already on their way and said they want to speak to you privately, so I won't go up." Governor Zhang smiled. "If you need anything, just give me a call."

"Thank you Governor for your support," Lin Yuzhen thanked him sincerely.

Shortly after she had gone up with Jiang Ning, Xiaozhao informed her that some investors had come to meet with Lin Yuzhen.

"Arrange for a meeting room."

Lin Yuzhen had already sorted herself out. She knew what sort of road she should be walking on now.

There were five people in the meeting room. The leader of the team was a man and a woman who both looked fairly young, but seemed pretty imposing.

"I didn't expect that Lin Group of Donghai actually changed hands," Xu Ruyun was quite surprised. "The old Lin Group was bought over recently, and I heard that the transaction price is kept strictly confidential"

If she found out that the transaction price wasn't even a hundred bucks, her jaw would definitely drop.

"Regardless of whether it's the new Lin Group or the old Lin Group, there's no harm in trying to see if there's a chance to work together. This Lin Group has been doing very well recently, so I think they've got a pretty powerful backer."

The other young man was Yu Wei. He was very handsome and charismatic, and it was clear that he was of pretty high standing too.

TA TA TA! Yu Wei turned when he heard the sound of high heels coming from outside the room.

When he saw Lin Yuzhen's incomparably beautiful face, his breathing stopped for a bit and his eyes didn't leave her face at all.

"I'm so sorry to make all of you wait," Lin Yuzhen smiled as she greeted the team. Then there was a look of surprise on her face as she said, "It's you?"

Yu Wei turned to look at Xu Ruyun. There was as much surprise on Xu Ruyun's face as Lin Yuzhen's.

"Lin Group's CEO is you?"

Clearly Xu Ruyun had never thought that the person she was meeting today would turn out to be Lin Yuzhen. Lin Yuzhen was her rival since they were in university, but Xu Ruyun never admitted it.