Chapter 36

“Why, there’s still someone in Donghai that Brother Hu can’t afford to offend?”

Lin Qiang raised an eyebrow. “That’s to say, I’ve found the wrong person for this job.”

Hei Hu looked at Lin Qiang and felt that this businessman wasn’t much better than him – was he already expressing his displeasure?

If Lin Qiang spread word of this, it would affect Hei Hu’s reputation negatively.

“Hmph, CEO Lin, don’t look down on me now.”

Hei Hu replied, “I know how much weight I can pull!”

“So what are you going to do about my brothers who are still being detained at the site?”

“They’re all my men, so I can’t just leave them there. Otherwise their hearts will grow cold, no?”

There were some subordinates standing not too far off and nodded inside their hearts.

They had been observing Hei Hu’s reaction and were hoping that he would do something to bring their fellow brothers back. But Hei Hu still hadn’t done anything till now.

6.8 million – Hei Hu couldn’t bear to part with that much.

“I don’t believe that they would dare to detain my men and not let them go! They can keep them then!”

Hei Hu coldly snorted, “Those brothers of mine would find the first chance they have to escape. Then we’ll see how I shall deal with that idiot Huang Yuming!”

The subordinates standing at one side froze.

What Hei Hu meant was that he wasn’t going to take any money out to redeem the men. Instead he was going to wait for them to think of a way to escape?

Was money more important than these so called brothers to him?

There was even a flash of contempt on Lin Qiang’s face. If Hei Hu led his men this way, it was a matter of time before problems cropped up.

“Brother Hu!”

Someone came in from outside and he didn’t look too good. “Something’s happened!”

“Now what?!”

Hei Hu was getting angry now. Why was something constantly going wrong?

“It’s those brothers that were detained.”

There was a strange look on his face.

“They’ve been set free.”

“Set free?”

Hei Hu’s mood immediately improved. “That’s a good thing! I knew it, Huang Yuming was just pretending in front of me. How could he dare to continue detaining my men!”

That way, he saved 6.8 million!

“But…”

The person who came to report hesitated for a moment before managing to continue, “They didn’t come back because they’re working at the construction site. And they’re working for free.”

“What did you say?!”

Hei Hu got up with a start.

He stared hard at that subordinate. “Say that again!”

His eyes were about to spew fire!

His men were working at the construction site for someone else and they were doing it for free?

Were they trying to embarrass him as much as they could?!

“Brother Hu, you weren’t willing to pay the money to redeem them, so they…they had to work to earn enough to redeem themselves.”

The subordinate spoke very softly, not daring to say this too loudly.

“Bullshit!”

Hei Hu kicked one chair aside, his face all red with anger. “Are they good for nothings? There are more than 60 of them and they can’t find a chance to fight their way out? Is there someone watching them round the clock?”

“Bloody useless idiots, embarrassing me!”

“They’re such useless idiots and they still hope that I’ll spend 100k on each of them? Are they worth it even?!”

Hei Hu’s frustration became fury, and he started shouting angrily.

He’d never been this humiliated before.

He had sent out nearly 70 men, but they couldn’t get things done and got tied up by the other party instead.

That was shameful enough.

And now? They were working for the other party for free?

This was taking his pride and using their shoes to step hard on it!

“Brother Hu, looks like I’ve really found the wrong person for this job.”

Lin Qiang got up and smiled as he shook his head.

He had spent five million to get this result. Could Hei Hu get any more embarrassing than this?

Hei Hu had claimed that there was nothing he couldn’t get done in Donghai. And now? He’d been soundly slapped in the face! What a loud sound these slaps made!

“CEO Lin, don’t worry, since I took your money, I’ll settle this matter for you for sure!”

Hei Hu angrily said, “I’ve been in Donghai for so many years, and I’m not going to let a small thing like this destroy my reputation!”

Lin Qiang didn’t say anything, but his doubtful smile made Hei Hu even more upset.

“Call all the brothers together!”

Hei Hu clenched his teeth as he shouted, “Nobody has ever dared to just do anything they want like this, not even Huang Yuming is allowed to!”

“Tomorrow, go drag those useless things back and I’ll teach them a lesson!”