Chapter 105

First the hand grabbed a piece of flesh, then twisted it anticlockwise.

He gasped and turned to look at Lin Yuzhen. He nearly shouted.

"Domestic violence!"

There were other people around, so Jiang Ning could only mouth this at Lin Yuzhen.

"Humph, that's for teasing me!"

Lin Yuzhen ignored Jiang Ning and pretended to look angry.

She had just told Jiang Ning that morning to leave all the company matters to her. But almost immediately after that, Jiang Ning had delivered this slap in her face.

Did he think girls were easy to bully? What an awful man!

But she knew that without Jiang Ning, she really couldn't have handled all those people who came in the afternoon.

She also knew that Jiang Ning would do something, and that's why she dared to agree to suspend all operations.

But she felt so indignant.

When Jiang Ning saw how she was only pretending to be angry, he couldn't help but laugh.

Lin Yuzhen had pinched him hard, so he had to pretend that it really hurt too.

This time, the authorities couldn't get Lin Qiang and his son, but they had caused him pretty severe damage.

It wasn't just the tax department.

Practically every department came to check, and Lin Qiang was going to slam tables soon. 

He was glad that he was already prepared for this. He paid a fairly high price to make sure all the biggest issues were blamed on Lin Xiao.

His face was now sullen, and Lin Xiao started trembling when Lin Qiang looked at him.

"You should thank me. If I didn't make you suffer a stroke, you'd have to go to jail now," Lin Qiang laughed coldly.

He was really worse than an animal. He actually wanted Lin Xiao to thank him?

"I kept you alive precisely to be my scapegoat. Never thought of it, eh?"

Lin Qiang laughed. "Dad, you're still useful to the Lin family."

He then turned and left.

Lin Xiao couldn't say anything. The only hand that could still move really wanted to clench its fist to punch Lin Qiang, but Lin Xiao couldn't do it either.

Eventually he was only left with two streams of tears of regret that kept flowing down his cheeks.

Lin Qiang walked to the living room to find Lin Feng leaning against the sofa and still reeling from shock.

He nearly went to jail!

"Dad, Lin Yuzhen is so evil!"

Lin Feng clenched his teeth. "How did this happen? Didn't the Jin family already settle this beforehand?"

He didn't believe that the authorities would listen to Lin Yuzhen or Lin Wen. They weren't capable of this.

Could it be that Jiang Ning? 

But that crazy guy only knew how to fight when he went mad, so he probably wasn't capable of doing something like this either.

"I've asked already, the instruction came from the higher ups, apparently they're going on some anti-corruption drive now."

Lin Qiang cursed. "Lin Yuzhen and family just happened to get lucky!"

Director Luo had been arrested and it was such a bad time to be arrested. That was exactly why Lin Yuzhen had been able to come out unscathed, and Lin Qiang was the one who was in trouble.

Lin Qiang was now very unhappy with the Jins. They were such a large family but their connections weren't reliable. What an embarrassment.

"That famous doctor is coming in a few days, so keep an eye on things. Once he reaches Donghai, I'll go straight to Shengcheng to pick up Jin Ran," said Lin Qiang. "As long as we help to get that doctor to treat Jin Ran's legs, then the Jins will owe us one."

"Got it!"

Lin Feng said, "That doctor is coming to Donghai's First Hospital to give a lecture and I heard he's a real money grubber. Dad, how much money do we have to give?"

Lin Qiang frowned and felt a pain in his heart. "Take a million first. It's enough to treat two legs."

Three days later.

There was a huge banner at Donghai International Airport to let everyone know that the famous doctor arriving was no ordinary man.

Lin Feng immediately informed Lin Qiang when he got the news.

Lin Qiang immediately went straight to the Jins in Shengcheng himself.

Lin Feng had prepared the money and went to pay the Vice-chairman of Donghai First Hospital, hoping that he could use this connection to get that famous doctor to treat Jin Ran.