Chapter 140

Chapter 140

"I don't have anything to say, as long as everyone's happy, I'm happy."

After wearing the bangle, Grandma Su was now in an excellent mood.

"Yuzhen, eat more. You seldom come, so have more."

She looked at Jiang Ning. Even though she didn't like the fact that he married into the family, but on account of the bangle, she decided to address him too. "Jiang Ning, eat more too."

Su Hong cursed in her heart. Even her mother had been won over!

Lin Yuzhen took some food for Jiang Ning, but before he could eat, Xu Ming gently hit his wine glass with a chopstick and calmly said, "Since Mum doesn't have anything to say, then allow me to say a few words."

Su Hong didn't wait for anyone to react and quickly smiled and said, "Sure! Let's invite our Manager Xu to say a few words to everybody!" He was even throwing his weight around the dining table at home!

Xu Ming smiled and looked around. "Today is my Mum's birthday. On behalf of all the younger ones, I wish that Mum would receive blessings as great as the sea, and you will live as long as the mountains!"

Su Hong and her son immediately started clapping loudly.

Su Qin and Su Gang clapped a few times, while Su Yun and her mother didn't even budge.

"Since everybody is around, oh wait, Su Qin, your husband is still on the way, but we won't wait for him," Xu Ming said as he glanced at Su Qin. Her husband was still bringing the massage chair over. "Everyone is here, so I shall say a few things."

"Su Gang, all these years, you've taken pretty good care of Mum, and I've taken note of it."

This was considered a compliment.

Lin Yuzhen had no idea what to say to this.

How much concern had her eldest aunt and her husband shown towards her Grandma? Grandma had always been taken care of by her uncle's family.

Su Gang also felt a discomfort in his heart, as if he had taken care of his mother just to get Xu Ming's affirmation.

He laughed hollowly and didn't say anything. But his wife was rather unhappy and it was written all over her face.

Jiang Ning watched all the various reactions around the table and was very amused inside. This Su Hong and Xu Ming really treated themselves as the head of the family. This tone of voice totally sounded like a governor speaking to his subordinates.

They had gone a little too far alright.

"Also Su Qin, you've been doing well recently. Your sister and I have always said this to you and I'll say it again. If you need anything, just say the word. I have quite some connections in Xiancheng after all."

Su Qin smiled and replied, "Thank you so much, brother-in-law."

They had said these words for so many years, but when Su Qin's children wanted to go to a better middle school, Su Qin had looked for Xu Ming several times but he just kept saying that the current government policies were very strict and it was hard for him to pull any strings.

"Why are you so formal with your own brother- in-law?" Su Hong laughed. "You're being too polite!"

Xu Ming smiled and turned to finally land his gaze on Lin Yuzhen.

He had a strange smile on his face, and his expression made Lin Yuzhen feel uncomfortable.

"Yuzhen, your parents aren't around today, so you can bring my words to them."

Before Lin Yuzhen could respond, Xu Ming sighed first, then continued, "We all know your family's situation. Things are difficult, but you can still make ends meet. Don't blame me for being direct. There are some things that I must say."

Lin Yuzhen's expression changed.

"We cannot be shameless just because we want to earn more money."

"For a car, a house and more money, you mean we should throw our dignity away? No we can't!"

Lin Yuzhen looked up and stared at her uncle and had no idea what on earth he was going on about.

"Since you found a man to marry into the family, then whether he's a shield for what you're really doing or not doesn't matter. You have to continue living properly. If you want to have fun out there, I can't do anything since your parents don't seem to care. But don't go too far and embarrass our family!"

BANG!

Lin Yuzhen finally understood what he wasdriving at and couldn't stand it anymore. She slammed one palm on the table andgot up with a start.