Chapter 104

Lin Feng's expression became nervous and no longer looked smug.

Before he could hear about Lin Yuzhen and Jiang Ning getting into trouble, he was going to be in trouble first.

He looked at Lin Qiang with a plea in his eyes. If the authorities conducted an investigation, he was doomed for sure!

Lin Qiang started thinking hard. "Ok, we'll cooperate, that's only what we should be doing."

He got his staff to bring the officers to the finance department, then pulled out his phone to make arrangements.

At the same time.

Jiang Ning was sitting innocently in Lin Yuzhen's office.

"It really has nothing to do with me." 

He held his hands up. "I've been sitting in the security guard's office the whole day and I don't even know what happened."

"I don't believe you."

Lin Yuzhen scoffed. "I know you must have done something."

Jiang Ning shook his head and refused to admit it.

Lin Wen came rushing over after finding out what happened and was a little worried.

"Why did they come?"

Lin Wen was obviously very surprised.

Everyone in Donghai who could make people move with just a word had arrived at Lin Group earlier!

"Who were those people?" Lin Yuzhen asked.

Lin Wen was a little stunned, then shook his head helplessly.

His daughter was too kind and innocent, but didn't she at least read the news or watch TV?

He turned to look at Jiang Ning and Jiang Ning merely laughed.

"I just happened to meet them at the charity event today," Lin Wen explained. "As long as we're fine. I heard that Lin Qiang's side is being investigated."

"What?" Lin Yuzhen was surprised.

At first she thought that Lin Qiang was the one behind all this. But they were being checked too.

"They deserve it!" she snorted. She didn't have anymore sympathy left for Lin Qiang and his son.

Besides, she knew that Lin Qiang's side couldn't hold up against an investigation. There were problems everywhere.

"It's just that," Lin Wen shook his head, "Nothing happened to them."

"How can that be?"

Lin Yuzhen was even more surprised.

"Those two aren't clean at all, so problems would definitely surface."

Jiang Ning immediately understood what happened. He looked at Lin Wen and said, "Looks like these two are really sly and made arrangements in advance already."

He slowly continued, "I suppose all the dirty water is on Lin Xiao's head, right?"

The best candidate to be the scapegoat was Lin Xiao. 

Lin Wen had a conflicted expression as he nodded.

"Lin Qiang, he's really an animal!"

Lin Qiang had caused Lin Xiao to suffer a stroke already, but now he had become his scapegoat too!

Even animals didn't do something like this.

Lin Wen was really angry, but he couldn't do anything about it.

If Lin Xiao knew that he would end up like this today, would he regret his decisions?

"Dad, there are consequences for every decision made, and many things are already set in stone," Jiang Ning said calmly. "We can't control other people, so we can only watch ourselves."

Lin Wen nodded and took a deep breath. "l know." 

This attack came quickly and left quickly too.

It was easily settled without causing any disruption.

Of course, Lin Yuzhen didn't believe Governor Zhang had so coincidentally come to the office to have a look. Lin Wen didn't believe it either.

"By the way, that doctor is going to reach Donghai soon. So Dad, rest well these few days and prepare yourself," said Jiang Ning suddenly. "Leave the company matters to Yuzhen, she can do it."

He then winked at Lin Yuzhen.

That was what Lin Yuzhen told Jiang Ning that morning.

Of course, Lin Yuzhen knew that if anything happened to the company, the first person to come out and settle it was Jiang Ning.

She scoffed and quietly swung her little fists to warn Jiang Ning not to tease her.

But Lin Yuzhen couldn't help but feel excited when she knew that doctor was coming and Lin Wen's legs could be cured.

"Sure! I'll listen to whatever you say!" Lin Wen nodded gravely.

After Lin Wen left, Jiang Ning suddenly felt a hand reach for his waist...