Chapter 55

Lin Yuzhen froze. Jiang Ning wasn’t kidding?

She knew Jiang Ning was very rich, so starting a company was no big deal to him. But this was really unexpected.

Besides, how was she going to return this much money?!

Lin Yuzhen still had some doubts. Jiang Ning was definitely joking with her. Even with this one project she had, it wasn’t quite enough to start a company for it, right?

Jiang Ning didn’t elaborate further and brought Lin Yuzhen home.

Su Mei was making lunch, and Jiang Ning could smell sweet vinegar ribs the moment he stepped into the house.

He had just casually said that he wanted to eat sweet vinegar ribs in the morning, and Su Mei had actually made them in the afternoon. Mum was so nice to him!

“Time to eat!”

Su Mei brought the cooked dishes out of the kitchen and glanced at her room. “Yuzhen, call your dad out to eat. He’s been studying all this material lately, as if he doesn’t need to sleep or eat.”

Lin Yuzhen walked into the room and found Lin Wen seated in his wheelchair with some business related documents in front of him. These were all from the time when he was still working, and he was trying to get his touch back by reading all of it.

“Dad,” Lin Yuzhen called out.

Lin Wen turned and smiled, “What is it? You look troubled.”

“From today onwards, our family will have nothing to do with the Lins.”

Lin Yuzhen didn’t want to talk about what actually happened earlier in the office. Otherwise Lin Wen would definitely angrily look for Lin Qiang to try reasoning with him, but it was meaningless to do so.

After hearing what Lin Yuzhen said, Lin Wen didn’t have any strange expression on his face, as if he had already predicted this would happen. He just nodded, “Yes. Our family is just our family, and we have nothing to do with that Lin family.”

“Let’s eat.”

Lin Yuzhen pushed Lin Wen out.

At the dining table, Jiang Ning had already happily helped himself to the rice and started eating, disregarding all formality.

Lin Yuzhen rolled her eyes in annoyance at him. “My parents haven’t sat down at the table yet!”

“It’s alright, Jiang Ning has worked tirelessly all morning, let him eat first,” Lin Wen smiled.

“See how my dad and mum dote on me,” Jiang Ning purposely smiled gleefully at Lin Yuzhen. “Don’t be jealous of me.”

Lin Yuzhen scoffed. She was really a little jealous alright.

Jiang Ning had barely set foot into their house. At first he had come in as a useless man who had been forcibly married into their family, so Su Mei couldn’t stand him and Lin Wen hated him. But in barely a month, he had practically become their biological son.

Even this daughter here didn’t get such special treatment.

“Dad, just to let you know,”

Jiang Ning turned to look at Lin Wen, “Tomorrow, our new Lin Group will be open for business. You’ll be the chairman, and Yuzhen will be the general manager.”

“What? New Lin Group?”

Lin Wen had just picked up his chopsticks, and now he nearly dropped them on the floor again.

New Lin Group?

He hurriedly turned to look at Lin Yuzhen, and Lin Yuzhen could only nod her head. Jiang Ning never discussed with her before doing anything. All he did was to announce the results of what he had done.

“So both father and daughter will have to work hard.”

Jiang Ning continued seriously, “Whether this new Lin Group will succeed or not, will depend on both of you. So you have to prove yourselves.”

Lin Wen took a deep breath in and his eyes immediately teared up. Prove himself? He had been waiting all his life for a chance to prove himself.

And now Jiang Ning had put this chance right in front of him!

He was so touched he couldn’t respond immediately.

“But of course,”

Jiang Ning spotted Su Mei walking over and quickly put in some words for her, “Our family needs Mum to lead us and work hard together!”

“Eat your pork ribs!”

Lin Yuzhen glared at Jiang Ning and dumped a pork rib in his bowl.

This guy was such a sweet talker, so good at knowing exactly what to say to who.

Jiang Ning couldn’t care less, as long as their mother was happy to hear it.

They all sat down to eat happily.

Lin Wen was still extremely excited and didn’t know what to say. So after eating, he returned to the room to continue his revision.

Lin Yuzhen went to help Su Mei wash the dishes while Jiang Ning watched TV on the sofa.

“Yuzhen, Jiang Ning is not bad at all.”

Su Mei said this while washing the dishes.

Lin Yuzhen turned to look at her, “Mum, don’t be fooled by him. We barely know him!”