Chapter 137

Chapter 137

Su Hong froze for a while before pulling the receipt out of the bag. She looked at the price clearly printed on it.

"$56,000!" She couldn't help exclaiming, "How can it be?!"

A bangle cost $56,000?

This wasn't the really expensive type either, and could be considered fairly ordinary.

Since this was just for Lin Yuzhen's grandmother, Jiang Ning didn't buy something too expensive. If he was buying something for Su Mei, he would have bought something worth ten or twenty times more.

But even so, Su Hong's exclamation stunned everyone in the hall.

A jade bangle worth $56,000?

What madness was this?

Su Qin stared at Lin Yuzhen and couldn't believe this was real.

Her family had decided to give an $8,000 massage chair and Su Qin was all ready to show off to the world. But now she didn't dare to say anything anymore. This bangle alone was $56,000.

Su Gang was about to ask if Su Hong had seen the receipt wrongly, but he knew that this eldest sister of his wouldn't have seen anything to do with money wrongly.

$56,000!

That was pretty much his entire year's salary. Lin Yuzhen spent that amount of money on just one bangle.

Even Grandma Su herself thought that her old ears had heard wrongly.

"How much, you said?" she asked.

"Mum, $56,000," Su Gang replied her. "Su Mei is really filial for giving Mum something so expensive."

He then purposely threw a glance at Su Hong.

The moment Grandma Su heard the amount, she quickly snatched the box back from Su Hong and her eyes crinkled from smiling.

Lin Yuzhen's expression didn't change at all.

She was already numb to it after Jiang Ning shocked her time and again. Her expression wouldn't have changed even if the receipt said $560,000.

The good part was that it wasn't really that expensive, otherwise she would have felt bad.

Su Hong had bought a gold ring from the same shop herself and recognized their receipt. But she had only dared to spend $10,000, and she felt the pain for several days. Lin Yuzhen had bought a $56,000 bangle to give away, so Su Hong's expression immediately darkened.

She was still mocking Lin Yuzhen earlier and telling them not to pretend to be rich. But this one bangle made her shut her mouth.

"My mum won't buy a fake," Lin Yuzhen said.

"Especially since it's for Grandma."

Su Hong was even more embarrassed now. She could see that Lin Yuzhen's gaze had fallen on her grandmother's new clothes.

Su Hong claimed to have spent several thousand, but actually they added up to less than $500.

Lin Yuzhen was implying that Su Hong had bought fakes!

"Su Mei is really rich huh, looks like she's managed to leech quite a bit off the Lins," Su Hong scoffed and muttered quietly to herself. Lin Yuzhen immediately flared up when she heard this.

What did she mean by leeching off the Lins?

They had never taken anything from the Lins!

She wanted to explain herself, but Jiang Ning tugged at her hand and shook her head to tell her not to be rash.

It was her grandmother's birthday today, so it was best not to make things awkward.

"Alright now, since Su Mei is busy, it's fine that she didn't come. It's good enough that Yuzhen and Jiang Ning are here," Su Gang quickly put this matter to an end. "Everyone, take a seat, the kitchen is very busy and the food will be ready soon."

He then pulled a box of cigarettes from his pocket and offered one to Xu Ming, but Xu Ming merely smiled and pointed to the expensive one that was already balanced on his ear.

He looked down on Su Gang's box.

Su Gang looked a little awkward as he pulled another one out and offered it to Jiang Ning.

Jiang Ning immediately took it without looking.

"Thanks, Uncle."

He then naturally put it into his mouth.

"Yun! Pour some tea for Yuzhen and Jiang Ning!" Su Gang shouted.

A girl who looked like a high schooler soon came out with two cups of tea.

"Yuzhen, here's your tea."

The young lady looked a little fearful of Jiang Ning and felt too shy to greet him.

"This is your cousin-in-law, Jiang Ning," said Su Gang with a frown.

"Jiang Ning, here's your tea," said the young lady with a red face.

"You must be Su Yun," Jiang Ning smiled as he pulled out a red packet from his pocket. "Since this is our first time meeting each other, then according to custom, here's a greeting gift from me."