Chapter 147

Chapter 147

Lin Yuzhen nearly burst out laughing when she saw how Xu Ruyun nearly went mad from anger. Her secretary and the other staff couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed so hard along the corridor that they were crying.

"Brother Ning! You're so harsh!"

"Dead fish smell? That woman is probably going to have to bathe 20 times today, right?"

"Brother Ning, your eyesight is amazing! You could even tell where she had surgeries!"

Lin Yuzhen held it in and didn't laugh even after she reached her office. It was only when she walked to the window and looked out that her shoulders finally started shaking from laughter.

"How could you tell that she had plastic surgery?"

She turned to look at Jiang Ning after a long while.

"It's too obvious. The doctor heading the surgery was probably just a student," Jiang Ning replied her with a straight face.

His observation skill could even detect if someone was wearing a mask made from human skin, so there was no way a poorly done plastic surgery would escape his eyes.

"Then what about her promiscuous lifestyle and the dead fish smell on her?"

Jiang Ning realized that Lin Yuzhen looked more like she was interrogating him.

How did Jiang Ning know about such a private matter? Or was Jiang Ning part of that promiscuous lifestyle?

"You mean you didn't smell it?" Jiang Ning fanned his nose. "It was so strong, I think even Xiaozhao's face had turned green from it."

Lin Yuzhen didn't hold it in and just burst out laughing.

She knew Jiang Ning was standing up for her and wouldn't allow anyone to bully her in front of him.

"Xu Ruyun was my classmate in university and her grades were always not as good as mine, so she always went up against me in everything. After graduating, she got into a big company in Shengcheng and got promoted very quickly, while I started working for Lin Qiang. Our positions were miles apart, so she was gleeful for a long time."

Lin Yuzhen didn't tell him about how Xu Ruyun had mocked her in front of other classmates many times and said that Lin Yuzhen would always be stuck at the bottom and working for others.

In university, Lin Yuzhen was more outstanding that Xu Ruyun in every way. Even the number of boys wooing Lin Yuzhen way outnumbered Xu Ruyun. There was even a boy whom Xu Ruyun liked for four years, but still refused to accept her even after Lin Yuzhen rejected him.

After graduating, Lin Yuzhen had no choice but to enter Lin Group, while Xu Ruyun had joined Hesheng Group. Xu Ruyun had made use of her body to get to the position of Assistant General Manager of the investment department in just a few years, so naturally she was gleeful.

"But because she's not as pretty as you, she had to go for plastic surgery," Jiang Ning didn't even need to guess. "It's a pity that she's gotten uglier with every surgery, and now her face is all stiff."

"It's a pity?"

"No it's not!" Jiang Ning quickly corrected himself.

"There's no point in going for so many surgeries anyway. That dead fish smell on her is enough to kill."

Lin Yuzhen looked very carefully at Jiang Ning, this man who married into her family.

When Jiang Ning was being cold and cruel, he could defeat an army by himself, and all those who tried to make trouble always ended up crying and howling on the floor.

When Jiang Ning was being sweet, Su Mei would laugh non-stop and wish she could take him in as a godson immediately.

Jiang Ning was now showing his cheeky side again.

This man was really just a little adorable. Yup, just that teeny bit.

"So we might not be able to clinch this project," Lin Yuzhen switched the topic back to serious business.

Hesheng Group was a large company in Shengcheng and was very reputable in the industry. If Lin Group wanted to expand into Shengcheng, then working with Hesheng Group was actually a very good opportunity.

But since the person in charge was Xu Ruyun, then Lin Yuzhen didn't want to work with her. Besides, after what Jiang Ning said about her dead fish smell, Xu Ruyun would probably want to kill her

instead.

"Yuzhen, that's where you're wrong," replied Jiang Ning. "Now is the time when others come begging for us to work with them."