Chapter 136

Chapter 136

Su Hong pointed to the clothes on the old lady, "Look, the clothes on your grandma are worth a few thousand!"

"And your Second Uncle is sending a massage chair over here right now, it's worth $8000!"

"We've all just tried our best to do what we can for our elderly mother," Su Hong sighed. "I know about your family's situation, so a small contribution is enough. Also, go back and tell your mum not to put up a front."

She started to chide Lin Yuzhen, "Why bother when you're just coming to visit your own family? She even rented a car! Why not save that money and use it to show some filial piety towards to your grandma? We're all one family, so we all know each others' situation."

Su Hong hated to see others doing better than her. She hadn't even had the chance to show off in front of the relatives when Lin Yuzhen came driving a car worth $500,000. What was this even?

They might as well have rented a car that was worth a million bucks.

Everybody was suddenly enlightened after hearing what Su Hong said.

Everyone knew the situation at Lin Yuzhen's home. Never mind buying a car — Lin Wen's monthly medical bills were enough to keep them on a tight budget.

"It's more important to live a down to earth life, understand?" Su Hong glared at Lin Yuzhen as she said this, as if she was getting addicted to chiding her niece.

"Understood."

Lin Yuzhen was about to get angry but Jiang Ning squeezed her hand gently to tell her not to, so she held it in.

Su Hong was an elder to her after all, so even if Su Hong wasn't happy, there was no need for her to explain anything to them.

"So what did Su Mei buy for Mum?" Su Qin smiled and asked this question once she saw that Su Hong didn't have anymore to say.

Su Qin's family had bought a massage chair worth more than $8,000!

She couldn't bear to part with the money, but she was so annoyed that her older sister was always so smug. Last year Su Qin promised to buy a massage chair, so she got her husband to get one that very day.

There was a little bag in Lin Yuzhen's hand.

Jiang Ning had bought this at the mall earlier. She didn't know what it was either. She opened the bag for the first time and pulled a box out. "Grandma, my mum isn't free to come, but I've brought a gift and I hope you'll like it."

Lin Yuzhen took the box, and she could feel a bright green gleam shine through the moment she opened it.

The old lady's eyes instantly lit up.

"Jade!" Su Qin's eyes were very sharp and she couldn't help but exclaim. "This...this is jade, right?"

There was a jade bangle in the box, shiny and translucent like a piece of ice. It shone with a faint green glow, and Su Qin swallowed her saliva several times just looking at it.

"This isn't jade at all," Su Hong laughed before Lin Yuzhen could say anything. "This is just glass."

Jade?

If Su Mei's family could afford to buy jade for the old lady, that would really be a joke.

She took the box from Lin Yuzhen's hand and peered at it. "Su Qin, you're not experienced enough to tell these things huh."

She then threw Lin Yuzhen a glance and shook her head, her expression filled with disdain and disappointment.

"Yuzhen, I'm not trying to put you down, but how could you just buy something off the streets as a gift? Isn't that going too far?"

She had spent a few thousand on clothes, and brought a lot of food too. Su Qin's family had bought a massage chair that cost more than 8000 bucks too.

Meanwhile, Lin Yuzhen had brought this glass bangle. Did she think she was a kid just coming over to play?

How rude!

"We can all understand since your family has no money and it's fine if you bought some bangle or ring that costs only 1 or 2 thousand dollars. But you actually brought a piece of glass here! Your grandma is old and can't see very well, but I can see very clearly!"

Lin Yuzhen pursed her lips and her face started getting red from anger.

She really couldn't hold it in anymore!

"I know your eyesight is excellent. So why don't you take a look at the receipt and tell me if a street stall could produce something like that?"

Lin Yuzhen refused to believe that Jiang Ning, a man who didn't even blink at buying a 2 million dollar car, would buy an imitation!