Chapter 144

Chapter 144

"Yuzhen is really doing well huh?" Su Gang's wife was the first to break the silence. Her eyes were shining and she spoke with great admiration, "I just knew she would make it!"

"Yun, did you see that? Your cousin graduated from a really famous university, and look at how well she's doing! You have to study hard and do well at the college exams too!"

"Ok!" Su Yun nodded seriously.

Su Gang took a deep breath and looked at his own wife and daughter.

Of course he knew the people who just came. He had also seen how Xu Ming's face had completely paled and lost all that swagger he had earlier as a department head. Xu Ming had awkwardly smiled to gain favor for half an hour and his cheeks were probably stiff by now, but nobody cared about him.

Su Hong didn't say anything.

She was completely defeated this time round.

Lin Yuzhen's family was this incredible now! She quietly asked Xu Ming a question, but Xu Ming just shook his head and didn't say anything. The blow he suffered was even greater.

He had tried to show off in front of Lin Yuzhen earlier, but all those leaders of much higher rank than him were all so respectful towards Lin Yuzhen.

They were not dumb. They could sense that Governor Zhang wasn't just polite towards Lin Yuzhen, but seemed to be reverent towards Jiang Ning.

That's right! It was reverence.

This meal suddenly felt tasteless.

"Oh dear I'm so late, I'm so late!"

Su Qin's husband was leading the way with two men behind him carrying a massage chair into the house. He saw that everyone was seated at the table but nobody was eating, and he joked, "Why, waiting for me?"

Su Qin glared at him and said, "Whatever for?"

Her husband wasn't angry. After the two men put down the massage chair, he went over to Grandma Su to get a compliment.

"Mum, I've bought you a massage chair, it cost more than $8,000!" He had a smug look on his face. "It's time for you to enjoy your old age!"

He then spotted the bangle on Grandma Su's wrist and he immediately felt that this bangle was definitely pretty expensive.

Su Qin quickly threw him a glance to tell him to stop being embarrassing.

Was a massage chair worth more than $8,000 anything to be gleeful about?

Lin Yuzhen had given her mother a bangle worth $56,000!

"By the way, I thought you said Su Mei isn't coming but Yuzhen is?" Su Qin's husband turned to look at her and smiled. "You asked me to introduce someone to her, right? I went to call.

"Are you done talking?" Su Qin couldn't hold it in anymore and her voice was loud. "Sit down and eat! Is all this food insufficient to stuff your mouth with?!"

Introduce someone? Whatever for!

Did Lin Yuzhen need Su Qin to introduce her to someone?

Su Qin wanted Lin Yuzhen to be grateful to her, but after looking at that husband of hers, it was clear that Jiang Ning was no ordinary man.

Women were more detailed and there were many things she had picked up that Xu Ming hadn't.

That Jiang Ning was definitely no simple person.

In fact, Lin Yuzhen's family situation might have changed so much precisely because of him.

They all knew Lin Yuzhen's family situation very well. It had been the same for more than a decade now, so how could it change so drastically in such a short time?

Her husband was a little taken aback and had no idea what happened. But it was obvious that there was something amiss, so he didn't say anymore.

The air in the house was a little strange, but Su Gang and his family felt very relaxed now.

"Come, come, let's eat!" Su Gang picked up his wine glass. "Mum, happy birthday, here's a toast to you!"

None of this bothered him. After all, he had never bullied or said anything nasty about Lin Yuzhen's family all these years, and had actually showed a lot of concern for them.

That huge red packet that Jiang Ning gave to Su Yun made him even happier.

He knew that Su Mei remembered the concern he showed her.

"All too weak to eat? Why aren't you picking up your chopsticks? Sis? Xu Ming?"