Chapter 32

Jiang Ning opened his mouth instead. “Tell me, who is the one who wants Yuzhen to fail the most?”

Lin Wen was stunned as he exchanged glances with Su Mei. It took a while before he finally uttered, “My brother?”

“That’s right, it’s Lin Qiang.”

Jiang Ning explained, “He’s paid a hooligan five million bucks to ruin Yuzhen’s project, or to ruin Yuzhen directly.”

Lin Wen and Su Mei’s expressions immediately darkened and became angry!

Anger to the point of fury!

How could Lin Qiang have done something like that!

“If Yuzhen successfully pulls this project off, then she would have made a huge contribution to the Lins. Lin Qiang and son are definitely not willing to see this day come.”

“But by ruining this project, the losses to the Lins is tremendous!”

Lin Wen nearly couldn’t resist banging the table.

“So what? The Lin Group doesn’t belong to that father and son yet, so if they make losses, so be it.”

Lin Wen’s face was all red. He knew that what Jiang Ning said was right.

He was even more aware that his eldest brother wanted full control of the Lin Group, so he sent their second brother, Lin Wu, to Shengcheng to seek expansion opportunities, but that was merely an excuse to send him away. He had found a man to marry into their family so that his own family couldn’t compete with Lin Qiang for the business either.

If not for the fact that the old man was still alive, Lin Qiang would have made his move much earlier.

“He even wants to destroy Yuzhen, that’s going too far!”

Su Mei had no interest in any of the Lins’ assets, but she would not allow anyone to bring harm to Lin Yuzhen.

“This will not do. I’m going to reason it out with the old man!” Su Mei stood up.

“I’ll go!”

Lin Wen couldn’t stand it anymore either. They were brothers, and Yuzhen was Lin Qiang’s niece!

How could he have found it in himself to do this?

He lost all his appetite and pushed his wheelchair to the door. Lin Yuzhen couldn’t stop him either.

Jiang Ning didn’t stop him either. He got Su Mei to wait at home while he drove Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen to the Lin house.

Lin Xiao lived in a posh bungalow estate. Jiang Ning drove them to the entrance and wanted to go in with Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen.

“Only members of the Lin family are allowed in.”

The man at the door blocked Jiang Ning’s way, and a look of disdain flashed across his face.

“This is my son-in-law!” Lin Wen retorted, “Doesn’t that make him family?”

“I’m sorry, Old Master has given instructions that only those in the direct bloodline of the Lins can enter this house.” The man at the door wasn’t giving Lin Wen any concession.

In fact, it seemed like he couldn’t care less about this crippled third son.

“You…” Lin Wen started getting angry.

He never thought that his position in the family was so low now that even servants looked down on him.

“Dad, I’ll wait for you guys outside.”

Jiang Ning didn’t say much. “Yuzhen, go in with Dad.”

Lin Yuzhen nodded and she looked apologetic. She didn’t expect that Jiang Ning couldn’t even get past the main door, but Jiang Ning used his eyes to tell her that it was alright.

Lin Yuzhen pushed Lin Wen’s wheelchair into the house, while Jiang Ning waited at the door.

He hadn’t planned on going in either.

Jiang Ning didn’t stop Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen from coming here to look for Lin Xiao and question Lin Qiang’s actions because he wanted them to see for themselves that they had already lost their position in the Lin family long ago.

No matter how hard they worked or how stellar their results were, it wouldn’t change anything.

“People only understand what choice they must make after they see the truth clearly,” whispered Jiang Ning to himself.

“Stand further away! Unauthorized persons and dogs are not to stand so close!”

The servant at the door saw that Jiang Ning was still standing there and scoffed, “You’re just someone who married into the family, and you really think you’re a member of the Lins!”

“Number three can barely stay in the family, and he still wants to bring someone like you into the house, what a joke.”

Jiang Ning turned and took one look at the servant, then suddenly punched him in the stomach. The servant immediately paled, clutched his stomach and collapsed on the ground.

“Can’t you be quiet for a while?”

The bungalow was filled with the smell of essential oils.

Lin Xiao was very good at enjoying life, and cherished his days even more after his wife had passed on.

He had eaten a lot of health supplements over the past few years just to keep himself alive for a few more years.

The entire living room was filled with a light fragrance. Lin Xiao felt very comfortable when he smelled it, but Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen were not used to it at all.

“Dad.”

Lin Yuzhen pushed Lin Wen in and Lin Wen called out when he saw Lin Xiao seated on a rosewood chair and reciting Buddhist scriptures with beads in his hand.

Lin Xiao didn’t even open his eyes and continued his chanting, as if he hadn’t heard anything.