Just Someone I Unfollowed

So I sort of mentioned this yesterday, but I need to blow more steam.

I unfollowed someone because they said they're sick of "seeing LGBTQ stuff shoved down their throat."
Well I'm sick of their stuff, Conservatism, being shoved in my face all the time. I don't like God being shoved down my throat all the time, but I still have to take it.

They said they don't want any form of romance in a kids show.

1. It makes the characters more alive. Kids don't just watch stuff for the story. They watch it for characters they can relate to.

2. If a kid is in a household where their parents are always fighting but rarely or never split, they'll think that's normal and treat whoever they date the same way. Because that's what they think love is. When they go out, they'll assume that most of the other couples are hiding it like their parents do. They'll grow up and fall into an abusive relationship too.
But by incorporating romance in kids shows, it shows that no, fighting, beating, and hate in private isn't what a couple is.
Love, caring, compassion, understanding, protection, both in public and in private, is all that makes love.
So the more they see of romantic relationships being healthy, gay or straight, they more they'll realize that "Hey! My parents relationship wasn't normal!"

So yes, kids DO need romance in their shows. It's not about "Ugh, they're too young to be seeing that crap!"
It's about "What they see when they're young will affect how they think and who they are as they grow up."

If a young girl sees feminine warrior women leading an army, it'll help that girl feel enpowered.

If a young boy sees a kid changing the world with a stone, it'll spark his imagination and push him to reach for greatness.

And it's hard to achieve any of that without love. Romantic, familial, or platonic. There's a reason people said Love was the strongest force. It helps one strive to become better.

So yes. There should be romance in kids shows.
Yes. There should be both CisHet and LGBTQ+ couples.

Fuking normalize that!