Halloween

Why is there very little people talking about it being spooky month? Some people say it's the month of something else, some people keep celebrating some sexuality or gender day.

CAN WE FUKING CELEBRATE THE MONTH OF WHICH THE SPIRITS BOTH GOOD AND BAD ARE BOTH ACTIVE MORE!?! WHEN WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THINKING ABOUT ALL THE SCARY COOL BUMPS IN THE NIGHT, ALL THE WITCHES AND WEREWOLVES!?!?

It's like people are slowly forgetting the real holidays. Not really celebrating as much. We'd rather celebrate day celebrating an attraction or gender. I wanna go back to the days when we just saw it as spooky month.
Like, Thanksgiving, I can understand wanting to forget that, considering how it started. But Halloween? A pagan holiday?

I'm bi with a same-sex lean and genderfluid, and I do not want a fuking day dedicated to my gender or sexuality. Today when this is written, it's like Bi-awareness day or something. I really couldn't give less of a fuk, as a bi person.
That's like me dedicating a day to my attraction to elves and telling everyone "IT'S ELF-LOVE DAY!!!!". Be proud of who you are, but dedicating a whole dam day or week to it is overkill. 

You don't need a day dedicated to your attraction or what you feel to feel good about yourself, unless you're taking a self-care day.

It's the month of spooks and ghosts. Not the time of "I CELEBRATE MY ATTRACTION, IT'S PART OF THE ENTIRE DAY/WEEK!!!"

Okay, good on you! Now, can we go back to thinking about this pagan holiday? Yes, Halloween is pagan. Celtic pagan, to be more specific. 
This is the month of paganism, the Fall celebration. It's like how Easter was the Spring Equinox. The more we celebrate it for what it is, the less power the people who mostly serve bible-pushing stories to kids have. (I hated last year's Halloween...)

It's a time to come together. Both for protection from spirits, and for fun and candy. Not to celebrate how you have an attraction or changed gender identity.

Be proud of you for yourself, no matter who you are or what you feel. But gods dam, as a member of the Alphabet Cult-TM, I have a right to say I rally do not need a day dedicated to what I feel. It's just a small part of who I am, and the rest of my life, other than my relationships, honestly won't really be changed by that crap, especially with how accepting things have gotten. Need a day of validation? Then take a self-care day. But celebrating Bi people on a specific day isn't gonna make all of life easier for us.

But ffs, I've seen more people celebrate how it's the day of a preference than the fact the time of spirits being more active is here. Is this what we plan for future generations? To have a whole day dedicated to what they feel over celebrating the spooky feel and both old family and old strangers making themselves more know? We gonna have a day of unnatural blondes for those who changed their hair because they hated the original color?
And even if you don't celebrate Halloween itself, celebrate the good spirits being more active. After all, the Day Of The Day is a day after Halloween.

Celebrate you for you. But don't try to make it a whole big day. If anything, it makes us look worse because it seems like we make our feelings a big part of our personality, when in reality it's just a pinch of cinnamon in the entire cake.

Let me put it this way.
It's the month of which the crumbs and flour of the cakes long gone start hanging around more, and the cakes that are around are planning what frosting and fruits and such they want to be decorated with.
But then some of the cakes who have different ingredients keep claiming it's cinnamon cake day, then it's chocolate cake day, then it's strawberry cake day.

Consider me a strawberry cake. I'm proud of the little ingredients that make me me. But that's all they are: ingredients. I'm proud of who I am for me, I don't feel the need to shout to everyone and claim a day for my occasional dip with different ingredients or my attraction to other strawberry cakes. I'm more excited about the day I can go out covered in frosting and peppermints and such. I'm happy about all the bat cookies and the powder of baking past.
But instead, I see more people talking about days celebrating that little thing of cinnamon they were made with, or a day for chocolate cakes likes both chocolate and strawberry cakes.

You see what I'm saying?

Maybe I'm just too goth to care about Halloween more than others do. But it feels like people are forgetting about what is really here. All I see is people talking about their gender or sexualities. Not what they're dressing up as, or the spooky little things. I want to know more about that than what you feel attracted to.

Not saying it's wrong to be proud of who you are and celebrating it. Hel, make some gay spooky things if you want! Write a Halloween-themed story about a warlock and a peasent! Draw a vampire girl and her GF! Make a story about a dude with a living girlfriend inviting a male ghost into their relationship!
But it's the fact that I'm seeing more LGBTQ+ celebration than Spooky celebration. For the past few days, I've seen people celebrating their personal attractions more than the day that extends to everyone no matter their sexuality, skin color, gender, disabilities, etc.

It almost makes it seem like that's all we care about.

There's more to life than just being proud of feelings. There's fun to be had, things to give you spooks, candy to be ready for. 
But don't we already celebrate so much in June? Ya, we don't exist ONLY in June. But it's almost seeming like we're trying to claim 2 different months for ourselves. Days aren't special when you keep trying to make them repeat.

Just celebrate the month for what it is. Celebrate the ghost children and pets coming out to play more, the witches who feel more power.

Sincerely:
~Someone who is bisexual and genderfluid who just want to see spooky party rockin'