Saints Woke/Death Row

Me? I've played 2 or 3 of the original Saint's Row games. Played a bit of the first one, played Gat Outta Hell, and SR 2. SR 2 was, so far, my favorite.
You can get money from parking meters, the voice you chose for your character actually spoke (unlike a lot of other games do. Only other one I can think of that did more than sounds was Dragon Age Inquisition). Had a GREAT list of music. Had that offensive humor I've grown up to love. It's why I love GTA V so much fun. Wacky, fun, silly, didn't take itself seriously. Trevor has got to be one of my most favorite characters. Cannibalistic tweaker who will swing with anyone no matter their identity, violent, comedic, mentally insane.

But I digress.

I loved the SW games that I've played.

So to have this woke garbage happen is just...

You gotta see for yourself...

Literally, even the cutscenes are so bad, people use it to make a joke about bad sitcoms!

This video isn't even the only one, bruh.

Honestly, I don't mind that the default character is a black person. And I love when games have a thing where the water from broken fire hydrants launches them into the air. Or adding amputees (Hel, for a game like this, they can literally make it so that someone has a knife or something attached to their prosthetic!) But that's about it.

And looking at videos of the Character Creation, you can't even have big boobage because "objectifying women".
Ya. Because us big-titty gamers aren't allowed to feel fine about our chests unless we stream our gaming with low-cut shirts. -_-
And as a sapphic...LEMME SEE TITTY DANCERS!!!
Gods dam, it's like they're like "WE'RE PROGRESSIVE!!!" but forget that some women-attracted-women actually, y'know, ENJOY the stuff? That some gamers actually do have big things of chest fat? Real progressive to think about us, eh?

GIVE
ME
MY
BOOBAGE
LEMME LOOK HOT WHILE I ACT CHAOTIC!!!

They remove the ability to use anything as a weapon. Literally, could grab almost ANYTHING and use it to hit or throw at people in SW2! Now NOPE!!! And cops don't even react to much now!

Remove the ability to run over things for money (Not just inanimate objects. But launching people in some areas with your fighting or your car actually got you money!)

The fighting style looks weak. Originally, you could literally grab someone and slam them head first! Now you just mostly do hard kicks and stuff.

Remove the gender options.
Like, they could have just made gender-neutral an option if they wanted to be more diverse. So you can be referred to as He, She, or Them. Instead you're JUST gender-neutral. You already could make your character have just about any modification no matter the gender you chose in SW2. You could make your character have literally any features! You can make your male have boobs, make your female have a junk, I think the female and male voices also fit anyone, too? Ya, because I remember playing someone who's referred to as a male, but has long hair, make-up, boobs, and a feminine voice. Which worked for someone like me who sometimes goes by he/him even though I feel like looking feminine.
They just went by he or she. Could've just made gender-neutral AN OPTION for this!!! If the old one can take the time to do that, then these creators-...oh wait, they actually had brains. Not these dudes though. Now trans people who are only comfortable with he or she, or cis queer people, are neglected. There was a way to achieve a better way, and you decided not to.

Video games are supposed to be an ESCAPE from reality. I'm not hoping on a game so I can go "Dang! I wanna roleplay a person with a huge pride-flag taking up half of one of the living room walls with a place where I can't drink or go to clubs, and just use my wit and fists!"
(Ya, that big pride flag thing's actually in the game, as you can see in the laugh-track one.) (Not that I have an issue with having pride flags. I'd get one if I could. My issue is this comes off as pandery, especially with all these other things.)

There's a reason why games like the original SR's, Skyrim, GTA (Especially 5...but with the fact even they're going more woke, like the situation where they removed the crossdressers because ONE guy was roleplaying a trans-killer), are still thriving.
Because they're FUN! You can genuinely roleplay! You can have fun trying to be passive! You can have fun being violent without actually harming people really! We play games to leave the stress of reality! Forget the expectations of the world!
And things like this? They're trying to CONFORM to the expectations of the world. So games are becoming less and less of an escape.

And as the first vid pointed out, there's no people in the credit photos who aren't white except ONE person. So unless they JUST SO HAPPEN to not have had ANY pictures of their non-white staff, either they hire white people mostly, or purposefully excluded other ethnicity people. It's another case of them trying to be "progressive", but without wanting to do the actual bare minimum. Having black characters in a game isn't progressive. Giving more black people a good job with good pay is. Plenty of games let you choose your skin color. But this is real life, where people need money and food to survive, including people who aren't white.
So it's just mostly fake support, for woke points.

And the game is YET ANOTHER game that wasn't fully finished, so it's glitched to Hel and back, I hear! What is with companies putting out unfinished products instead of just saying "Hey, needs to be postponed. We're dealing with some glitches and bugs that need working on." People will be a little frustrated. But not as angry as we'd be when the game is glitchy AF!
Sometimes, the glitches are funny. Like killing a chicken gets a whole town after you, or making cars pile up outside your house because people freak out and leave them which causes an explosion (I did it in GTA V at the gates of Michael's house, was pretty funny!)
But when it makes the game almost unplayable? Nope. Waste of money. It's like a microwave that barely heats food.

As a gay genderfluid gamer born a girl, I think I have the right to say this is just annoying. The fact companies keep doing this repeatedly, for a couple years now, and then wondering how they keep failing, and blaming the people...

As hard as it may be, I wanna get into game creation JUST to knock it to these companies and show them not only how to make a good game, but how to add in LGBTQ+ stuff without having it be like...this...
Like how Dragon Age Inquisition lets you be as gay, bi, or straight as you want, but some of the characters have their own preferences. Or like in the game before, all romance options are bisexual themselves, you can date who you want, but you don't HAVE to to any date at all if you don't want.
Or Fallout 4, where all romanceables are bi, 2 female companions show interest in women (Cait teasing Piper, Piper finding Magnolia attractive), McCready I think actually makes a small comment about how being attracted to your dude is new to him but he's willing to give it a shot, Hancock talks about both men and women as being attractive to (as far as I remember), but it's not like "HERE'S GAYNESS!!!! HERE'S ROMANCE!!! LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF WE PUT IN!!!" They're just normal people trying to get by in this world 200 years after a fuking bomb dropped and destroyed half the country! And this is glitchy AF Bethesda we;re talking about!

(Now I want to make an offensive humor game, but takes place in a whimsical fantasy world. Like Skyrim or Fable meets GTA, and add in other creatures.)

This is just "Twitter World Simulator". Call the place "Whineville." Can't even handle allowing a trash can being thrown. The original games are literally about you being part of a dangerous gang and becoming a respected criminal.
This is just about you being a petty hipster criminal.