Idea

So this is a ramblings rant and not an angry rant.

So idea-

A Fallout 4 mod that can only be triggered after you completed the main quest.

This mod would need a sh!t ton of work though. It could and would be affected by the choices and bonds you made through the main game.

But in this, you play as the kids now grown up.

If you blew up the Institute but kept young Shaun, then this mod will have you play as Shaun, but his consciousness has been moved to an adult synth.

Depending on who you romanced or befriended, or even gained the hatred of, Shaun's bonds could be affected.

For example: 

If the Sole pursued a relationship with MacCready, Duncan, who will be a possible companion, will refer to Shaun as his brother and will have an instant 10 boost in affinity (non-romanceable though)

If Sole saved Austin in Vault 81, Austin will talk about his displeasure with being stuck in a vault and be a possible companion for Shaun, happy when he finds out Shaun's parent saved his life.

Or if Sole kept the Institute going, Shaun will have a mini main-mission at the beginning to try and leave and go to the surface like his parent does, finally coming to terms with why he doesn't age and is regarded as a test subject by most everyone else.

But again, this would take a LOT of work.

On top of being affected by the main mission, there's also the affects of the side missions, like the ability to let Austin freaking die. 

And what if Sole got a companion to hate them so much and ended up killing that companion?
Nat may feel absolute hate towards Shaun for the death of her older sister. Duncan may not even get to live, or hates Shaun too for what his parent did to his (Duncan's) dad (If Sole got high enough affinity for MacCready but later lost it and killed him).

Like, this is an amazing and wild idea. But I don't know sh!t about programming, no one IRL to assist in voicing, no money to pay actors, not really and good devices to try.
It's an amazing idea, but not doable by me. Most I can do is write a fanfic in Shaun's POV and implement what I wanted to happen, but I already have too many dam ideas as it is.