Fionna & Cake

So it's already been established that there are multiple universes and timelines in Adventure Time, right?

So why is a genderswap the weirdest thing to the fandom?

I keep seeing people crap on Fionna and Cake because "it's too weird", "Them turning out real was a retcon", "It's too stupid"

1.
Their humor and wackiness is reminiscent to the first seasons of AT.

2.
It's not a retcon. Like I said, it's already been established that there ARE different realities, different dimensions. We literally have a Minecraft version, but the weirdest thing is one where everyone is their opposite gender?
Finn ended up in a kingdom where time went by quicker and he LITERALLY BECAME A FATHER TO PILLOW CHILDREN!!! DUDE GREW UP AND IMPREGNATED A PILLOW!!!! But the weirdest thing is there being a girl version of him?
If there can be different wacky dimensions, why can't there be genderbend ones?

Like, maybe I'm dumb, but I see the episodes with different styles as parts of different dimensions if it's not clarified that it's in the normal one we see.

I can get that it can be somewhat confusing with both worlds. 
For example: In one of the comics, it's revealed Ice Queen was originally a water nymph, and it's implied she may have had feelings for Marshall before she became the Ice Queen. Then what happened to Simon's genderbend? How did Marshall's life go (There's also a comic that hints at that)
But if you know Adventure Time, then you know the backstory of Marceline, Simon, and how he became the Ice King.

But it doesn't mean F&C is BAD. It's weird and a little different. But not bad. Some people hate it so much that they wish it wouldn't exist or would be dropped.

Well I say: Go back to the very first episode, watch a ton of the show, look at the episodes where things are different and the times it's said there are different dimensions, and let people like me enjoy something fun THAT MAKES SENSE IF YOU USE YOUR BRAIN!!!
And even if you can't understand it or don't like it, doesn't mean you get to be a dik to people who enjoy them! Is it so hard to skip an episode you don't like? Not buy a comic you don't want?

~Sincerely, someone who enjoys Fionna & Cake