Bros

So that movie Bros? I haven't really seen many people on here talking about it. I keep having the ads for it shoved down my throat.It just looks dumb to me, and I personally wouldn't watch it.

Well, the writer or director or whatever is all "It's not for the straights, the straights shouldn't watch it!" And then got mad when the straights (and gays here, too) didn't go watch it.

And here's the trailer.

Called straight people terrorists.

Um...Has a part where a couple talks about how two men are both bottoms, then has children shout "BOTTOM DANCE!!!" right before the guy, right in front of the 4 year old and 6 year old, says "Gay sex was more fun when straight people were uncomfortable with it."
Ah, yes. Because we weren't already being called pedos by the people who want us dead.
But this is Hollywood. They wanna normalize that schist.

"Do you guys remember straight people?"
"Ya, they had a nice run."
That? After their whole serious argument about days and months? Ugh.

And from what people who watched it, jut to give it a chance, are saying, both gay and straight, it's not even that good story-wise.

As a gay, I have a say.
And my say is that this is cringe AF.

This is the kind of movie to make gay people go back to Narnia with how deep in the closet they have to hide.
It's why people say we "don't act/look gay".

One of my favorite comedies that involves a gay character is Talladega Knights. With John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell.
Ya, a big part of the gay character was his gayness. But it's an adult offensive humor comedy about a racer getting a great life, have it all fall apart, and finds who's truly there for him and lifts himself back up. It's not made to say "THESE CHARACTERS ARE GOOD AND THESE CHARACTERS ARE BAD!!!!" They're all flawed, some more than others. They're humans.
The gay dude in this was a funny and great villain, and his husband was just chill. Hel, those of you who know of the Charlie/Emma situation on here, this dude is basically a French version of her who doesn't like both genders. And is actually likeable while hateable.
And in the end, he doesn't die, doesn't throw a tantrum when he loses, doesn't get hated by everyone. Instead he and Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell's character) face off as equals, then out of respect and for comedic affect, they kiss.

That's how you make a decent comedy with a gay person. 

Even a dam romcom should do that. And NOT tell a certain group of people to not watch it while calling them terrorists.
It just makes the straight people who actually did want to watch it turn away, and makes us gays not want to either because it's just another thing trying to cliche and piggyback off of us and try and make use seem like we see straight people as lower beings and not as fellow humans that can be good, bad, or in between.

The only romcom I ever enjoyed was Warm Bodies. Though the book was far better (hence why there's only 1 movie but a series of books), the movie had it's funny moments. It was a romcom with a bit of horror, but it was more than just a couple being silly and dumb. There was a bit of world building, character growth, cute moments, actual conversations even between beings who could only grunt. The visuals helped convey what was going on. 

Even Q-Force is better than whatever TF this is. It had its moments (though I feel it's almost just as cringe, as someone who watched it)

GTA has better representation than this, Trevor is a bicon, and the game is made to offend almost everyone!
SOUTH PARK IS BETTER THAN THIS!!! That episode with Stan and his dog in the first season? Dude, this was made in a time where gay people were being even more discriminated against!

And the saying "You catch more flies with honey" exists for a reason. By saying "YOU'RE HOMOPHOBIC IF YOU DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!" just drives more people, both cishet and lgbtq+, away. 

Making a stupid romcom cliched to hel and back in a way that isn't funny, putting ALL us gays in a box, and saying that a specific audience should stay away is sure as fuk not gonna help you get a bigger audience.

Honestly, this is just catering to the Qitters (pronounced like quitters). The queer whiny people on Twitter. This movie is Qitter: The Movie.

Even when I first saw the trailer, I just rolled my eyes and thought "Oh, just another stupid romcom, just gay and overly sexualized."
Ace erasure, amiright? When do they get their own movie or romance?
Oh ya. Hollywood thinks you can't have love without sex. Sex sells. -_-

As a queer trans person, Mr. Billy Eldritch Horror, you can fuk off with putting us all in a box, and by trying to basically create more division.
I'll be sitting here making my characters as human as possible, while you continue making movies of gay people acting like aliens who came to take over the world but are confused by humans as they disguise themselves.