Parents

TW:
Mentions of suicide, murder, violence.

Okay, I'm really sick of seeing something where something horrible happens, and then it turns out that the parents of the person who did it blew off all the warning signs.

I think whenever that happens, that there is proof the parents kept brushing it off, then they should be held accountable.

How many school shooters showed signs of their plans and the parents brushed it off as "just being a kid"?

How many kids have shown obvious signs of mental unwellness and the parents were like "My child is perfect!"

When someone knows of something dangerous and fails to alert authorities, pretty sure something happens to them, right? Why doesn't that extend to parents?

Heck, one of the girls in the Slender Stabbing case has a father with schizophrenia, and she was showing signs too. You would think a parent would try and get their kid the help they didn't get. Now look what happened.
I can get being worried and hopeful they don't, but it's better to at least get them fuking tested for it!

Parents who fail to do anything and just brush of their kid "just being a boy/girl" or "Just having fun" should be held just as accountable. It happens so many times, and yet they are so blind.

Hel, a lot of these kids who took their lives or were killed in self-defense could have been alive if the parents actually did something! Now because "They were just having fun", they're dead.

And I'd rather have my kid be mad at me for trying to get them help over them being dead. 

I'm not a parent, but I was stuck feeling like one with my little siblings. And if they were showing signs, I'd want them to get help. If they were doing something messed up and my parents were doing nothing (which thankfully wouldn't be the case), I'd tell someone who can do something.

Parents, or whoever is the guardians, should be held as equally accountable as their kid, as long as there's proof of them knowing and not intervening.
Not every parent knows, sometimes the kids keep it extra secret and act normal. That isn't the parents fault.
But situations where they're called to school plenty of times, know about a video their kid made, looking up how to make a gun, stuff like that. If the parent knows how messed up their kid is and failed to even attempt to get them help, they should be blamed. Not the ones who did try, because they actually were trying to prevent something. The ones who don't though should be.

Might teach others to actually learn to actually deal with their kid.