Yee-Hulk and StRoNg WoMeN

TW:
Mentions of Suicide and Abuse

This clip alone is enough to drive me away from this show.

This is basically. "I don't need a man with trauma of his abusive father to mainsplain to me how to control my anger. Men annoy me a lot, so I know how to control my anger."

Like...from what I heard, She-Hulk in the comics was more understanding of his trauma because what he went through was messed up.

Abused by his father.
Father killed his mother.
Father experimented on him.
Saw his friends die.
Was chased down by the military.
Sacrificed his whole arm to bring back millions of people.
Tried to take his life but literally couldn't because of his powers.
Pretty sure he lost a woman he loved too, right?

Ah, but yes. The man who has learned how to calm himself after a TON of HORRIBLE trauma is nothing compared to you being cat-called and being a female attorney. He has no room to speak and help you.

Already seeing ads for it, I already called that it would be terrible.
This clip alone tells me it's just another "Look! We have a strong powerful woman who don't need no man!"

Judging by what other people have said, that's almost all it is.

From what I hear, she was more understanding in the comics. 
He went through so much trauma, and she understood.

Ya, this is just 1 scene, and she is turning Hulk near the end. But this whole speech was unnecessary. There are other ways to have her say "I can control it" and then turning green that don't come off as "I don't need someone mansplaining it to me! I get CAT-CALLED every day!"

As a comment said:
"Ya. You can control your emotions up until that one time of the month where you become Red-Hulk."

Got a laugh out of me, but as an AFAB, ya. That time of the month is when it is harder to control your emotions. Plenty of women agree. So some guy says "Good day, beautiful." She'll turn around and just hulk-smash him. (Because let's face it. This is coming off as someone who would get mad at a man giving a normal compliment.)
She tried to do it to cat-callers (Which...was including almost-assaulters really necessary?), but Bruce stopped her.

Heck, the BEGINNING of the show starts with her giving her closing arguments for a case. A woman says she loved it, and a man tells her to just "smile more."

The ONLY REASON she's even She-Hulk is because she was driving and was distracted with talking about Captain America's sex life with Bruce.
(I am not joking. And isn't having a crash happen because a woman was talking while driving a trope? Man Disney, really cool way on how to give women power, eh?)

And then this spaceships suddenly appears on the road, she swerves the car, falls off the cliff, climbs out of the car, and she gets Hulk blood in her by Bruce's blood dripping on her wound as she pulls him out.

That's literally it. She got her powers from her hero cousin's wound pouring blood after an accident she caused talking about sex.

In the comics, he gave her a blood transfusion after an injury.
But we can't have a man saving a woman's life, now can we?

They changed it because "It's a comedy."
But I looked at the scene on YT, unedited, (some other scenes, too) and there was literally nothing funny.
And Hulk couldn't even be able to take his own life, yet he's left weak and bleeding after a car accident? 

Disney keeps producing woke stuff, it bombs because the people it's pandering to aren't even big enough in numbers, and then wonder why it failed.

Disney, takes notes from people who actually know how to write strong female characters.Even characters of your own that people actually do like.

-Marceline from Adventure Time.
-Vi from Arcane/LoL.
-Fiona from Shrek.
-Coraline (after all she went through, she's considered strong in my book)
-Fran Bow.
-Anna from Frozen
And there's plenty more examples out there.

All the while, none of these women are like "I'm better than a man."

Marceline just wanted to protect people, which lead to her becoming a vampire. The only man she's ever hated was her manipulative ex.
She lost her human mother, who she thought abandoned her.
People were scared of her because she was a demon.
She became a vampire from killing the vampire king, protecting humans she cared about.
A man she saw as a father figure abandoned her because he was going crazy, then decades later she finds him again but he's gone, and tries to make out with her at one point.
Her girlfriend tells her she's acting like "Monster Trash" just before their breakup, which probably felt like a strike to the heart because Marceline probably had told her before how she sometimes felt like just a monster.
And through it all, despite putting on a tough and scary exterior, she was really a caring person beneath, who does care about her friends.

Vi learned how to fight both against men and women, and the show isn't afraid to show her getting hit by both either. She didn't talk to Jayce as "a rich higher-up man." Just as a person with more privileges than her. But she's not below asking for his help.

Fiona (at least in the first 2 Shreks. 3 & 4 were eh) knew how to fight, and did protect Shrek and Donkey from Robin Hood and his Merry Men. But she was never "I don't need a man."
Both because of...well, the curse. But also because that they weren't above or below her.

Coraline in both the book and the movie did have help from a male cat. But she did a lot herself too. And in the book, there was no Wybie. She just had a cat.
But in the movie, she does get help from the Other Wybie.
She faced the Beldam herself, made a deal herself. She put herself in harms way to save her parents and save ghost children.

Fran Bow...oh, so much with her.
She sees her parents brutally murdered (even though her child mind doesn't fully comprehend it), deals with that mental hospital, sees monsters everywhere, trauma from her parents death keeps flashing in her mind, she sees bad things happen to plenty of different beings, her own aunt betrays her. And through it all, she will find reasons to smile, she will think of those close to her, she gets a happy ending with a smile on her face.

Anna travelled days into the snowy mountains just to find her sister, didn't even hold a grudge on her sister for almost accidentally killing her, then got between her sister and a falling sword to save her sister's life knowing she'd go frozen and thinking she'd die. 
And then when her sister started hearing voices, she followed her and let her discover herself.
Was a little upset when her sister went off on her own, but having been separated for years and thought her sister hated her for all those years left an impact, she still loved her sister and wanted to help, and very much helped when they found out about both the land's past and their parents. Literally got huge beings, that could've crushed her easily, to follow her to destroy a dam that could end any wars that would've happened.

All these characters are strong in their own ways, and they didn't have a "I don't need a man/I can be WAY better than a man!" thing going. They were just trying to achieve their goals, do what's right, help those they care about.

Way better than She-Hulk. By far.