Marked Review

Personally, I got bored with the first book and didn't finish it, and only now remembered it when my mom told me to go through books so I can sell some....for book money. XD

Anyways, I looked up reviews of it. Ya, some people didn't really like it, the characters were stereotypes and fell flat.
And I hated this line about how Zoey, the 16yo main character, was wondering if she'll become the vampyre (y intended) slut, if she'll even attract the gay guy to her. Which was a major wtf moment.

But this girl-
Miss sis here really on the woke side.

Girl legit says she's not gay, but she's offended that one character jokes that the gay friend is too gay to function.

As a gay person, I say this all the time.
My pan sister says it. Sometimes, she'll squeeze herself in the pots and pans cabinet and says she's home.
Plenty of peeps on here say they're too gay to function a lot.
So she's trying to tell us what we should be offended by. When we literally make this joke all the time.

And then she's saying that people of a specific descent have to have a specific skin color?
My grandma's step husband is of native descent, and he's white.
There's black people descended from norse.
You don't have to have the same skin color as someone from hundreds of years ago to be related to them.

And then she's also saying "Ugh, why they use R slur!"
This is in the perspective of a outcast teenager in the 2000s, with other outcast teens. Really, this schist was normal then.

And why does a twang have to be constantly written?
Nico di Angelo has a strong Italian accent, but is his accent written as it sounds? Do you see Lester noting how Nico says Will like "Wheel"? (Someone said that's kinda how he would say it.)
Will Solace has a southern texan accent, I'm pretty sure. Do you see his twang being pronounced every time he talks?
Last time I remember a twang being written as it sounded was a young children's book.

And then the "I wish it got rid of the vampire aspect, made it a school for witches, and then focused more on her being of native descent."
Girl, go write your own book or find one like that. The description says nothing about the main character being a native descent girl, so I highly doubt people grabbed the book to read specifically about her heritage and not about a school for vampires.

And a lot of people are disagreeing with her views in the comments. If the likes count wasn't removed, I'm sure we would see more likes than dislikes. Someone said to just go to this other reviewer if you don't want woke stuff.

Basically, all this review was was about how it doesn't fit the 2020's views and feelings. Her political views, basically (Though yes, lgbtq+ people aren't a politics pawn. We're just humans). It's not actually much about why it's bad other than her opinions.

Yes, the book is...well, it's near Twilight level. But UGH, this review is just UGH!

Also this edit:
I found out that the 2 authors are a mother - daughter team, which um...
And the mother is a teacher.

Okay, so the main character, Zoey who is 16, has a sexual relationship with a teacher...

Not only that, she also gets mad that her boyfriend leaves her and dates someone else after she kept cheating on him.
Basically one of those controlling jerks who are like "Let's open our relationship, but only I can get with other people."

Also, on top of that, she named some of the characters after her students and co-workers. When the students didn't really like that, she became ruder.

And then the character named after her personal assistant was made to be a sk@nky h0e.
To which the PA sued her for and won.
And she writes a very sexual book with her daughter.

Anyone else getting horrible vibes?