Turning Red

So I've seen so much bs saying that "Turning Red isn't appropriate."

At the same age as Mei Mei, I was doing the same dam things, while my period started earlier than hers!

I was getting excited and begging when a band I enjoyed was coming (Though I enjoyed rock instead)

I was drawing fanart of me and Marshall Lee that...what Mei drew was FAR more tame than what hormonal me drew.

I was dancing the same way she did.

I shouted at my parents, even cursed when they couldn't hear me. Or yelled a curse to make them divert their attention to me when they were fighting.

And people say "The movie is about a rebellious girl disrespecting her parents!"

I haven't watched every second of the movie, but I've seen enough to know that yes, she does go through that, BUT her and her mom BOTH learn.

How much you want to bet a lot of the parents upset about this are also the ones who force their kids to be perfect little angels and are mad that this movie shows what that does to their kid?

I was embarrassed watching it, yes. But that's because it was almost like looking back at myself. Now I'm a creative person planning a bunch of stories, who still loves my parents despite their issues, BUT their past strictness that they only changed as of lately because I'm their first kid and I'm the "Trial and error" has made me a paranoid wimp.

So, parents dissing the movie for not being "appropriate" or "tasteful", maybe look back at your own dam tween years?