Omegaverse

Now let me be clear, I'm not saying you should stop reading these if they're what you enjoy. This is just my personal opinion

But if I ever see a fanfic tagged with Alpha, Omega, and/or Beta, or it's ever mentioned in the story, I click off right away. Especially if it's about a queer couple. And it has been 2 or 3 years since I actually read one, and I didn't like it even then.

Because usually, this has stuff like an alpha woman has a pen!s ad a vagina and impregnates her girlfriend, or the omega man has a hole between his butt and pen!s and his guy impregnates him through that hole. And as far as I've seen, they're not even called a form of intersex, they're usually complete males and females in their worlds and AUs.

It just seems like a straight fic masked with a gay fetish to me.

Now in no way am I dissing fics with intersex or trans characters. If you're writing an intersex omega or a trans alpha woman who hasn't gotten lower surgery, all power to you.
It's when it's just stuff like mentioned.

But like, if I wanted an Alpha/Omega dynamic where one gets pregnant, I'd just look up a straight werewolf fic where the couple is from warring packs.

I ain't looking for homosexuality just to find a ton of heterosexual stories masked as gay.
And I KNOW it's masking as gay because the guy who usually gets pregnant is usually also somewhat feminine and small and petite, or the woman who impregnates is buff and a tomboy. (We're not hating of femboys or tomboys here though)

Though now, I do kinda just want to write a crackfic between an alpha woman and an omega man. Just for craps and giggles, no seriousness. Cis alpha woman impregnates her cis omega man. XD

Enjoy it if you want, it's just so dam weird to me.