Incest

I saw this video talking about the game 12 Minutes, with Mr. William I'm-Something-Of-A-Scientist-Myself Defoe. I heard about the concept a while back, thought it was interesting, and wanted to see more.

Well, turns out the game has this huge twist where you find out that your wife's father is the one who impregnated your mother, his affair partner. Meaning you are not only accidentally married to your half-sister, but your kid is also your niece or nephew.

Well, the person talking about it said incest may be weird and gross, but as long as two adults are consenting to it then it's fine.

Uh-

No. I had to stop watching this video then.

Incest is 99% WRONG

The 1% is reserved for situations like this, where they didn't know they were related and had already started a life and family together. At that point, what tf do you do? You had already made a commitment but legally and romantically, you're already having a little being of your own and want to keep them.  It's a hard situation, but there isn't much you can do that makes things feel fixed except either get rid/give up the child and divorce, or try and forget you're related at all outside of marriage and kid.

But no. Outside of that, incest IS NOT OKAY

And it's rarely never a grooming situation. Even those times it isn't, it's still morally wrong and disgusting.

How can you look at your sibling, the same person who either destroyed your stuff as a prank or something, that you had to babysit or be babysat by, and think "I want to marry this person, I want to sleep with this person, I want to be madly in love with this person"?

Incest isn't okay except for that 1%
And falling in love with someone you only know about because of something like Ancestry.com or something isn't okay either.

This is what makes people think us LGBTQ+ are incestuous freaks. (The YouTuber was a trans woman).
Not all of us, including us non-cis, think incest is okay.

INCEST

ISN'T

OKAY

This is where even consent doesn't matter because even if all parties are okay with it, it's still as morally wrong as saying it's okay for a cannibal to eat you. Just because consent CAN apply to this situation doesn't make it okay.