Colleen

TW:
SA
Pedophilia
Incest
Grooming
Religious trauma

Y'know, this whole thing with Colleen Ballinger seemed intentional, with her crap apology.

I've seen more people talking about her crappy apology instead of the reason she even made it (I didn't want to look up the song itself and give her views). I didn't even know WHAT she did until I researched further.

That was her plan. She made a mockery of what she did so that people are more distracted by this crap than by what started it in the first place. And it seems to be working.

Now I found out that she also has released books marketed towards kids, supposed to be "satire", but involves things like making a lot of incestuous uncle jokes.
And I heard that the Creepy Uncle joke has been reoccurring for quite a few of her things, it makes me wonder if she went through something that fuked her up. 

Not an excuse, but I've sadly heard of some cases where someone who did deal with SA as a child grew up to be a pedo themselves due to it being something ingrained in their brain at a young age, and/or as a coping mechanism. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason.
She also grew up in a really strict conservative Christian family, and we know how those have things behind closed doors a lot, and usually blames the girl no matter how young she was.
Again, not an excuse, but a reason.
(This isn't to say all people who dealt with this trauma will end up inflicting it, nor saying all Christians are like this. Everyone's trauma is different no matter how similar, everyone with a belief is different from each other)

Now, I don't know if she did or not, I'm not saying she did go through this and it could be some mentally ill fantasy of hers. But the signs seem to say she may have gone through that trauma.

I saw someone point out that her stuff with those jokes can and will also make other kids with an uncle or other family member who's like that think it's okay. Those kids will know what the "jokes" are about.

But this draws back to what I said before. She probably understands more people will make the ridiculous crap go viral than the more serious crap even if the serious crap is in the ridiculous crap, so she draws attention away from the serious by acting ridiculous.