Chapter 29: The Savior

POV Issei

We were arriving at the shrine. It was just before twilight.

With me were Asia, Irina, Ingvild, Xenovia, Rossweisse, Momo, Reya, Tomoe, Tsubasa and Saji. We saw the same man that Eos talked to.

Issei: There he is.

Ingvild: I don't feel it, we should go back.

Issei: Not now!

I approached him but he didn't even look at me.

Cao Cao: So I guess you were sent by Lord Infernus.

Issei: I don't care about Eos, we came here to free the woman you captured!

Cao Cao: Free? I thought this was an exchange. Lady Yasaka is freed and you get out of this city. Forever.

Issei: I don't bargain with people like you! Ddraig!

Boost

He laughed and summoned a spear.

Cao Cao: So you're the Red Dragon... this... is the True Longinus. The spear that Saint Longinus used to stab Jesus Christ!

All of our eyes widdened.

Rossweisse: Issei that's enough! We should let Eos negotiate!

Boost

Issei: Scail Male!

I summoned my armor and got into fighting position.

Cao Cao: Pathetic Dragon... You shall die by my hand.

POV 3rd person

Issei rushed towards Cao Cao but the Hero jumped. He was so fast that, to Issei, it looked like he vanished. Issei then felt a harsh pain in the back when Cao Cao slammed his spear onto it. He didn't stabbed though. No, he was toying with him.

Momo and Reya tried to launch magic attacks but the leader of the Hero Faction stopped them by spinning his spear like an helicopter spins it's pales. He then started to run towards them only for Xenovia and Tomoe to clash with him.

Cao Cao: A Devil using a Holy blade...? How dare you?

Cao Cao overpowered the two girls, punching Tomoe in the face knocking her out. He then continued to clash again and again but was pushed by a barrier formed by the two Bishops of Sona back where Issei was.

The Emperor continued to boost his power but it was no use. His opponent kept blocking his attacks and then countered, slowly but surely, destroying his armor. The Hero Faction leader was suddenly kicked in the back by Tsubasa, the Fook of Sitri. She went as fast as she could to hit him again but Cao Cao sliced her across the chest.

Reya: Tsubasa!

Cao Cao: Now die! Evil creature!

As he symbolicly raised his spear into the air, Issei caught it, stopping him from delivering the killing blow.

Issei: Take her back and let Asia heal her!

He then summoned Ascalon and clashed with the wielder of the Holy spear

Cao Cao: What's with Devil using Holy weapons?! Disapear, rat!

Xenovia joined the Pawn of Gremory and together, they were able to make Cao Cao walk back, allowing the others to recover Tsubasa.

Cao Cao: You rats! How dare you stand against me?!

Issei: Shut up you and your cliché sentences!

Irina soon joined the duo as well, putting Cao Cao in a difficult position. But it was only temporary as Cao Cao stabbed Xenovia through the stomach then kicked her far away.