Chapter 76: Invasion

POV 3rd Person

As Eos, Irina and her father arrived back in Heaven, Touji was immediatly took by Angels.

Irina: Will he be okay?

Eos: If we go by basic science, you'd need the blood of a Dragon to cure it's poison.

Irina: So I need to find that guy.

Eos: You may want to wait on that. They will keep your father alive for as long as they can. Rest up, I need to go and talk to somebody.

The Angel sighed.

Irina: Fine...

POV Eos

I got back into third Heaven and went where she first was. I saw her there, she sat up and went to see me.

Cleria: Do you have news?

Eos: Yes, sadly.

She looked confused so I explained the situation to her. She sat down and sighed.

Cleria: I should have known he died to... Masaomi was from the protestant church and... some higher ups didn't like the fact that we were together so... we were both executed to keep the status quo between the three Factions.

Eos: I'm sorry to hear about it...

Cleria: But it wasn't the only reason! I discovered something! A hidden secret in Devil society. They considered me a threat.

Eos: Are you gonna make me fetch someone again?

Cleria: No. It's the King Piece.

Eos: The King Piece? Like the one I have inside me?

Cleria: No, it's not an Evil Piece. Well it is but not the one a normal set has. It's something else. Something worse. It grants it's user way more power. And... it could also kill those who couldn't handle it. I was a curious girl and... when I heard the rumors, I made my own investigation. But the higher ups of Kuoh Town didn't like it. When I discovered it's existence, I was... punished.

Eos: Kuoh? You rulled over Kuoh before us...? Then... those who were there... the Great King Faction?

Cleria: Yes, and I believe that they are still using it to make more money and get more power!

Eos: But... the Great King Faction is led by Lord Bael... could my Rating Game actually have been a proxy war...?

We suddenly heard an explosion.

Eos: I should go... Cleria, if I get to convince your guy to stop his bullshit, Rias and I could use some Evil Pieces.

Cleria: But... I could be in Heaven with him.

Eos: I'm sure that Lord Belial would like to have you alive...

I then flew towards the explosion, seeing Qlippoth's agents fighting angels. I used my Holy Light to blind them and rushed to them, killing each of them in one hit.

Eos: You! Go to see Dulio Gesualdo and tell him to call Team DxD!

Angel: Y-yes!

I went towards where I heard noise and saw something I wasn't expecting. There was two Grendel.

Eos: Shit. Didn't they seal this guy?

I landed before them, trying to defend the civilians of Heaven.

Eos: I could tell you how if you surrender I won't kill you. But we all know that you won't surrender, you never do.

The two Dragons roared and tried to hit me, however, I jumped between them and sent them away by hitting both of them with a fist in the head.