🍋 Chapter 162: ❤️ Fiery Bird ❤️

POV Eos

I left the meeting room and went back to my appartement. I was joined in the elevator by Verrine, Balberith and Suzaku.

Eos: You guys hang out together?

Suzaku: Yes, we help each other with our contracts. It's not easy to start being a Devil when you guys are already so high in the hierarchy.

Verrine: She's right, we don't understand everything yet.

Eos: I can help you. I don't really have anything else to do right now.

Balberith: You would? Ah, thanks man! You truly save us.

When we arrived, we sat down on the couch.

Eos: So, what don't you guys understand?

Verrine: Well... it's about the payment. How do we know it's good enough?

Eos: Mmh... well it depends on what task you do to be honest. And I don't think I can give you every single case possible... what do you get called for most of the time?

Suzaku: I get summoned to help children with their homework. Most of the time at least...

Eos: Mmh... I guess you could ask for something like silverware... we're gonna need some if we really want to rebuild everything that was destroyed on these last attacks...

Verrine: I give an old woman company.

Eos: Ask for some food. Old human women are wonderful with cooking.

Balberith: And I do heavy lifting that no human can do.

Eos: Eh... I guess you could get us... a piano... that would be nice...

Verrine: Do we never ask for souls?

Eos: N-no. No one does that since the old days... Well, I guess if someone asked you to kill, then you could consider it.

Balberith: Could they pay us with money?

Eos: Yeah that works as well. We have converters for Devil gold here anyway... But we don't really need money you know.

Balberith: Alright, thank you so much Eos!

Verrine: Y-yes, it's always nice to speak with you!

I noticed her blushing as they both got away.

Eos: Do you need something else, Suzaku?

Suzaku: What? I can't spend time with my boyfriend?

I opened my arms for her to throw herself in.

Eos: Of course you can... of course...

She gave me a huge smile.

Suzaku: Oh, I wanted to show you something, come with me!

She took my hand and led me to one of the training grounds.

Suzaku: My technique got better than before, you won't believe it!

Eos: Go ahead, show me.

A red aura appeared around her and then, her eyes became orange. Finally, an orange bird made out of flames came out of her. It was absolutely enormous and beautiful.

Suzaku: See? I can summon the Vermillon Bird now!

I walked to her and stroke her cheek.

Eos: You're doing great.

Suzaku: Want to do a sparring match?

Eos: Ahah, sure.

I got back and put my hands in my pockets.