Chapter 85: Different paths

POV 3rd person

Arthur and Vasco were so fast that only the Knights could keep up with them. Pendragon was doing a way better job than anyone before him, meaning... he didn't get crushed in five seconds.

Strada went for a heavy hit from above. He towered Arthur after all. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to block the attack, the descendant of King Arthur went to the side, letting Durandal smash into the concrete. He then went for a swift slash with Caliburn but Vasco blocked with his giant arm. His biceps were as hard as metal, meaning the sword only did surfaces damages to him.

Arthur: I like this fight already!

He jumped back and took a different fighting stance. He was trying an heavier fighting style and as both men clashed, Pendragon actually had the advantage in sheer strenght.

Issei: They're only human! How do they fight so well?!

The Knight of Infernus analysed the fight and remembered what her King told us when training.

~Several weeks earlier~

Masaomi and Xenovia were up against Eos. The three of them had their sword drawn but Eos had no stance and yet... he countered every attack with ease. He told them to fight as if they wanted to kill him but even then, that didn't work.

Masaomi: H-how do you do that, sir?

Eos: It's something Lady Gabriel taught me. I do not think about the consquences when I fight.

Xenovia: What? What does that even mean?

Eos: When you fight, you try to put yourself in a position where your next hit is supposed to be the final one. I fight as if my first hit will be the final one. Thinking about the future will only give you parasitic thoughts. Here, my sole focus is on the 'now', not the 'then' nor the 'before'.

Xenovia: And how do we even do that? When I fight, my mind goes everywhere!

Masaomi: Sir, Xenovia's right. As a Knight, our spirit is as fast as our body. We can't fight like you.

Eos: Then find your own path.

~Flashback end~

POV Xenovia

I'm not like Eos. I can't be as powerful as him. But I can have my own advantages. My speed is my strongest weapon... I need to find my path.

I tried to look at the fight that happened before my eyes. I saw Arthur opening portals to strike Vasco. I then looked at my swords. My eyes were fixed on the Orichalcos one. This was a gift from Eos. Eos... you gave me this sword and the keys to my answer, but I can't find it... I can't open the door...

I looked back at the fight and started to see shapes. Actually, it looked like after images of the swords hitting each others but... it didn't happen, at least not before two seconds. I was able to read into their movements... I looked back at the sword and saw it's green blade shining, inscriptions of a langage that was long forgotten glowing.

My path... Eos, if you do not think about the future then I will read into it!

POV 3rd Person

Both men were panting and huffing.

Vasco: Young man, I admit your strenght... ah... if I was in my prime... I haven't had such a good fight since I beat Kokabiel during World War II...

Arthur: Eh... if you were 20 years younger... I wouldn't have made it...

Both were on their knees. And as they tried to get up, the dimension broke.

Rossweisse: What is that?!