Chapter 70: Angel's Training

POV 3rd person

Sun Wukong was watching over Eos training against his Bishop. He tried to throw a punch, however, Kuroka was able to summon paralysing mist, blocking her King. She then used an energy ball that she threw into her master's stomach, sending him back.

Kuroka: My, my~. It seems that you've been lacking in training. Perhaps it's because you hang out to much with me~.

As she was about to throw a kick at him, Eos fell on his knees, panting. Kuroka stopped in her track and Valerie, who was watching over them, got worried.

Valerie: Eos, are you okay?

She tried to go to her King but he held his hand towards her, signaling her not to come. The Buddha scratched his beard.

Sun Wukong: Hmm...

Infernus got to his feet with difficulty.

Eos: I'm... okay... I can-

However, he did not have time to finish his sentence as blue flames suddenly surrounded him, making the two girls rush towards him.

Eos: Argh!!!!

They didn't know what to do. They couldn't really do anything.

Kuroka: Quick! Call Ingvild!

Valerie: S-sure...

She ran (slowly) towards the door and went to see her Queen.

At one point, before Valerie came back, Eos' body stopped to burn and he fell on the ground, uncouncious.

The Nekomata had tears in her eyes while the former Youkai was watching, intrigued by what just happened.

Kuroka: Eos! Answer me please!

However, no answer came.

POV Eos

In the black void. Once again.

Eos: Elsa! Hey, Morningstar!

Elsa: I heard you the first time, Infernus.

Suddenly, the scenery changed. We were on top of a rock in the middle of the ocean. And she was here, in a physical form. She looked quite like Lady Gabriel, although she had light blue hair tied up in a pony tail.

Eos: What happened?

Elsa: You are an idiot. That's what happened.

Eos: If you were not dead already I would have killed you for that.

Elsa: The power that you developped against Sairaorg. Have you even tried to train yourself towards it?

Eos: I mean... yeah but I just don't know what to do. If you actually helped, I'd be on my way to master it.

Elsa: If you had trained, you wouldn't be on the verge of death.

Eos: What?! I'm not dead! I'm...

I suddenly remembered what happened. The training against Kuroka, those blue flames...

Elsa: When you fought Lilith, you absorbed the energy of Evil Dragons. A lot of it. That's a poison for you.

Eos: How was I suppose to know?!

Elsa: Well, if you mastered the ability to go beyond Infinity, you wouldn't have to use your familiar's powers.

Eos: Let's say that you're right, what do I do now?

Elsa: This Dulio guy will come to pick you up and go to Heaven.

Eos: Huh? Why?

Elsa: Because they can purify anything.