Chapter 139: Purple and Gold

POV Eos

Honestly, I wasn't up for this Rating Game. Sairaorg scared me a bit. He got the full power of his Monarch and I don't. But oh well, I don't really have a choice anyway... I also heard he recruited Seekvaira into his team.

Latia: Hey, you seem a bit down. Are you alright?

Eos: Oh! Yeah, don't worry too much about me. It's just that I have a lot of work and don't have as much sleep as I'd like.

Latia: Mmh... then let's say that after the game of tonight, I'll help you sleep. I know some tea recipes to make people sleepy and relaxed.

Eos: Well that's great! Thank you Latia!

She smiled at me.

Latia: But you're welcome!

This night, we teleported into the VIP rooms, waiting for our time to go into the arena. Apparently Sona was the one commenting the game. Wonder how she'll do.

Issei: Hey Eos.

I turned to him.

Issei: Don't forget that this is Rias' cousin. I don't know how angry she'll be if you beat him up.

Eos: And I don't know how angry she'll be if he beats me up!

Issei: You think you can loose?

Eos: Nothing is certain but... he did beat me in a sparring match...

Issei: I see... well, good luck then. You'll need it!

I nodded at him.

Sona: Ladies and Gentlemen, people of the Underworld, welcome to this new Rating Game that will be opposing Team Imperial Purpure to Team of the Utopic Golden Nephilim. The leaders of both of these teams are part of the new Great Satan system! This is gonna be an exciting match!

Eos: Huh...

Issei: Is she...?

Eos: Wearing a magical girl costume...?

Issei: I... I guess she wanted to pay hommage to her sister...

Eos: Yeah... probably...

We then teleported to the center of the Stadium and Sairaorg's team did the same. Just like me, he had reserve members and while my composition had Latia and Gabriel, his consisted of himself as King, Seekvaira as Queen, Landora as a Rook and Liban and Beluga as Knights, Misteeta as a Bishop and Regulus and Gandoma as Pawns. Finally, he recruited two members of Magdaran's peerage, his half-brother. They were the Bishop Veves Furfur and the Queen, now Rook, Sectaas Barbatos. Furfur was an average size boy with orange hair and Sectaas was a tall guy, around my size, with gray hair, a cloak and a light armor.

Sairaorg: This is the revenge I waited for so long!

He smirked and I did the same.

Eos: Ah! I hope that you're ready to see the power of a Nephilim!

The stage choice rolled and...

Sona: Today's stage will be... a volcano!

I smirked harder.

Eos: Seems like my element, Sairaorg.

Sairaorg: Nothing is decided in advance, you should know that.

We then got teleported.

Latia: Satan this place is hot!

She was right. It wasn't really a volcano, more like rocky platform floating on lava, with a gigantic volcano in the center.