Chapter 126: The Second Phase begins!

POV Eos

After a whole month of resting, we were supposed to go to the Underworld today for the second phase of the Azazel Cup. And surely, I'll come out on top of this one. We were currently waiting for the authorization to teleport in. Oh and by the way, Issei made Iryuka his only Queen so Grayfia is out of commission. That ain't so bad, she still has a lot of responsability as the Queen of Lucifer.

We teleported inside the same huge room as in the first phase. However, there was now a giant crowd outside the palace, most of them being journalists wanting impressions of the candidates for the functionnement of the second phase. Rias and the others who lost were not here though, there was a kind of a mysterious mood in the room, pretty nice.

The Dragon King walked towards us.

Tiamat: Issei. Have you found my treasure yet?

Issei: Oh! Well, you see... I'm searching for it, but turns out Ddraig has a short term memory.

I layed back on a wall with Crom, watching Issei struggling to find his words. Tiamat then took his chin between her fingers and raised his head to hers.

Tiamat: I didn't kill you yet for the sole reason that you are adorable, boy. Now, you better find it quickly.

The Red Dragon's cheek became accurate to his title.

Issei: Y-yes ma'am!

She then had a mood swing and gave him a huge smile.

Tiamat: Good! Now, the faster you bring it to me, the longer our night together will be!

She then left us.

Eos: What was that about?

Issei: Honestly... no idea... but I need to give her this treasure of hers...

Eos: I mean... I'm pretty sure that you're stronger than her...

Issei: Sure but she's stil very scary.

More teams teleported in and soon enough, everyone was here. I approached Vidar.

Eos: You took your time.

Vidar: Yes... let's just say that we had... problems in Asgard.

Eos: You do have a lot of responsabilities. I guess you couldn't train a lot!

He smirked.

Vidar: Don't worry about that, Infernus. I will still be able to beat you!

Eos: If you say so...

Ajuka and Shiva joined Tiamat on the balcony, towering over us all. I went back to my team and waited for them to speak. A camera drone was filming them, transmitting the informations on a giant screen outside the mansion.

Ajuka: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to this presentation of the second phase of the Azazel Cup!

Shiva: This part will be the last one before the grand finally and the two teams who won the most fights will access it.

Diehauser: Who won the most fights...? What does it mean?

Tiamat: For this phase, every team will fight against each other.

We all looked around ourselves, already searching for weaknesses in our opponents.

Ajuka: Indeed. And since there are ten teams, each team will have nine matches, plus a tenth one for the final.

Shiva: We have already decided the first matches. And there we go again... Team Babel Belial vs Team White Dragon Empress of the Morning Star. Team Imperial Purpure vs Team Vajra. Team Trump Card of Heaven vs Team Leisure of the Kings. Team Red Dragon Emperor of the Blazing Truth vs Team Spear of the Heavenly Emperor. And finally, Team of the Utopic Golden Nephilim vs Team Slash/Dog.