Chapter 146: The Monarch of Light

POV 3rd Person

The God walked towards the other Devils, ready to get rid of them for good.

Rias: You think he's dead?

He turned his head to Eos' wife.

Rias: I've seen him get much worse injuries. Your attack was nothing compared to the training he had as a kid!

Loki: Really? Then I wonder how he will react when he sees your head and your body separated.

He rushed towards her but as he was about to hit, vines came out of the ground and wrapped themselves around his entire body, blocking the attack.

Loki: W-what?!

When he tried to move, the vines only tightened.

Loki: That's... you... you're really not dead...?

Rias heard steps from behind her. They were metalic, as if it was someone in an armor. She turned around, expecting to see Issei but...

Rias: Is that you... Eos?

He standed on top of a rock above them, his armor was the one Ehther wore, in a more masculine style. He had his staff in his left hand while his right hand was clenched into a fist, holding the vines magically.

Loki: Let me go.

Eos: Sure.

He made the plants explode, throwing Loki into the air but not hurting Rias or the others. He had absolute control over his abilities.

When Loki got back to his senses, he got met by a punch from Asmodeus, followed by a burst of light summoned by his staff. The God crashed into the ground.

Loki: Give me more! Z-Arc!

Z-Arc: I am at full capacities. Fight better, God!

Loki: Tch! Stupid Dragon!

He shot a blast of green energy but Eos just summoned a shield, blocking the attack entirely. The Nephilim then teleported back down and punched Loki in the gut, sending him into a forest nearby.

The trees were tens of meters tall, meaning that Eos could hide anywhere. Loki looked around himself, searching for his opponent.

Eos: Hey Z-Arc. I talked to this Phantasma Dragon and he told me about your little story.

Loki: Get out of my head, Asmodeus!

~Thousands of years ago~

For billions of years, the father of all Dragons, Odd-Eyes Phantasma Dragon, watched over the universe, talking everyday with Great Red, one of his descendant. But, the Dragons made a mistake. He allowed other beings, non pure beings to get blessings from him. One of these was one of his other descendant, Trihexa. This one wished for power that could rival with that of Great Red and the Ouroboros Dragon. These prayers, these wishes... they corrupted the pure heart of the Dragon.

The darkness developped quickly inside the heart of the God and soon enough, it was too dangerous for Phatasma to keep in. The wings of the Dragon God became black, it's eyes became green and it got thiner, weaker. Phantasma had no choice, it expulsed the darkness from it's heart. But as it feared, the darkness took form and gained life. This, was Z-Arc.

A war between the two ensued, ending in the devastation of the Odd Orb. Still, Z-Arc lost it's physical form but Phantasma lost almost all of it's power. Odd-Eyes decided to put the rest of it's Dragon on Draconic Deus as it was the safest planet in the universe. And for thousands of years, Z-Arc worked towards this sole goal of getting his physical form back and to give a new place for it's Dragon to live on. Z-Arc was not bad per say, but it was the selfishness, the darkness, the egoism in Odd-Eyes' heart and soul. In the end, both wanted nothing but the best for their species.