Chapter 167: The Begining of the End

POV Eos

Today was supposed to be the day Valianah and I had our match. I was pretty confident but I can't say I didn't have any doubt.

Both of our teams advanced towards the center of the Stadium.

Referee: Ladies and Gentlemen! Today is one of our most awaited match! It's time for-

He was cut when a red beam came down from the sky and hit the ground, causing a huge explosion.

Eos: Oh great... Everyone! We're being invaded!

Valianah: Hey referee! Tell everyone to stay calm and stuff like these! The Great Satans are taking care of everything!

Referee: Y-yes my Lady...

We then all flew towards the explosion, me and Valianah being way faster than the others.

When we arrived, out of the smoke came out robot soldiers.

Valianah: They're from ExE!

Eos: So they have started to invade...

We took care of the foot soldiers easily.

Eos: Valianah and I will go up in the sky to try and find the source. I want you guys to keep the ground safe, alright?

They all nodded and we flew up. At some point, we met a huge ship.

Eos: Goodness, that must be these guys base.

Valianah then sent out a huge Dragon Shot, destroying parts of it.

Eos: You're taunting them...

Valianah: Yeah that's cause that's my goal! I want them to come at us.

And coming at us they did. Thousands of robots appeared out of the ship and started to circle around us.

Eos: Mmh... good thinking...

Valianah: Rah! Shut up! We can do it! Heck, I could do it alone!

Eos: Yeah... right... I'm still gonna help you.

POV 3rd Person

Other robots flew down to the level of the others who were left out at ground level.

Roygun: Look. More of them are arriving.

Ingvild: There are a lot of them... but we should be fine for the most part. They are way weaker than us!

Le Fay: Alright them! Let's get them!

They all rushed at the robots and started to destroy them one by one. It was fairly easy. After all, these robots were nothing but mass produced soldiers working for the higher ups.

But they kept coming, and coming, and coming. The problem was that our heroes didn't have infinite energy. Ingvild summoned a water Dragon and launched it at a robot. But for the first time, it didn't destroy the machine.

Ingvild: What? How is that possible?

She transformed into her Monarch form and froze the robot instantly. But, they didn't know that these robots had a "hive mind" of some sort. If they were not instantly killed by an attack, they would adapt to it. And so, every robot that were already fighting and that were coming out of the broken ship had a heat shield with them, making them immune to water or ice attacks. This made basically every attack from Eos' Queen useless.

Arthur: Alright stop attacking!

Rossweisse: And how do we fight back?

She destroyed a robot with a wind attack in a single hit.