Chapter 44: Familiar Forest

POV Eos

I was giving a lecture to Issei's class (and Xenovia, Ingvild, Irina and Asia). This was a nice day, students actually seemed to care and the girls were really excited for tonight, as we were suppose to go to the familiar forest.

Eos: ...And that concludes today's lesson. Legally, I should keep you in class until the ring but... you can go... not like anything's gonna happen.

Most of the students left. I saw Issei's old friends trying to drag him to... watch girls change... That is a very devilish thing to do... but even I have manners.

I went up to them.

Eos: You know, that's not like that that you're gonna get your harem or whatever.

Matsuda: Well Issei has one! We just need to join his club but he doesn't want us to!

Eos: I see... well anyway, with what you said you were gonna do, I could make you guys fired for sexual harassment, so...

Motohama: Ah! Please no! We'll leave now! You're coming Issei?

Issei: I'll join you after. I have question to ask to the professor and after that I have club things to do.

Both of them left while making annoyed noises.

Issei: Thank you.

Eos: You don't like these guys anymore?

Issei: I do! But... I need to protect them, from all this stuff.

Eos: Why? You'll outlive them Issei. By an infinite amount of time.

Issei: But I still want them to have a good life!

He paused for a second.

Issei: Talking about that... could you... make my parents immortal?

Eos: Yeah, I guessed you'd ask that to me or Rias one day... sorry but I can't.

He looked at the ground.

Issei: I see...

Eos: But... one clan could. The Phenex. Now, Devils don't die of old age or sickness but they can still be killed. These guys... not really. They regenerate in litteral seconds from basically anything.

Issei: And how do we convince them?

Eos: Well... Riser Phenex was originally gonna marry Rias. That was until my father wanted me to be revealed and that we were engaged. He won't be too happy about that, that's for sure. But maybe if you beat them in a Rating Game...

Issei: How do I convince the president to do that?

Eos: Issei, she loves you. You're like a little brother to her. She will accept, don't worry.

Issei: Alright! Thank you Eos!

Eos: And the two dumbasses?

Issei: I'll think about it. I know that you don't like my friends but I assure you, they aren't bad people.

Eos: Huh... if you say so.

After the end of school, everyone went back to home. Kuroka stayed to watch over Ophis.

Eos: You know, if you could hide those ears with magic, you could come with us. I'd just need to get someone else to watch over Ophis. Odd-Eyes could just stay up in the sky.

Kuroka: Aww~. Do you need me this close to you~?

She wrapped her hands around my neck and gave a quick lick to my cheek.

Eos: Well, I thought you'd get bored here all alone.

She giggled.

Kuroka: Sure~. I'll come with you, pretty boy~.