Chapter 50: Hope

POV 3rd person

Everyone just standed there, looking at the body of the dead boy.

Ingvild: Eos... is he?

Eos: ...

Ingvild: Answer me!

Eos: ...

His eyes didn't leave the body of his friend. Death was not a part of his plan. Sadness was not suppose to be a part of his life. Missing people should never happen. He was a King. He was a God. He was above that! This was not meant to happen. Utopia wouldn't be possible if any bad emotion existed.

Eos: Ingvild. I want you to take care of the girls.

Ingvild: What?!

Eos: You're gonna leave and you're gonna tell them that... that Issei died... after that I want you to make sure that none of them make anything stupid. I already lost a friend. I don't want to loose more.

His fiancée looked at him in the eyes. He knelt down next to her and kissed her forehead. He then took the hands of Akeno in his own.

Eos: I'm gonna... have a conversation. I will keep Ophis here. I want you two to... I don't know. Read a book, watch a movie, sleep... do something.

Akeno: How do you want us to do anything?! I just lost my little brother!

Eos: I never said the opposite Akeno. I told you. I'm gonna have a conversation. Now leave.

Rias: But-

Eos: Leave!

The eyes of the girls widdened. This was the first time Eos raised his voice against any of them. This was the first time at all. Even when he was angry, he would always be a calm, soft spoken man.

Rias: You don't have to go through that alone. If you need anything, just tell us.

The girls standed up and opened a magic circle. They gave a last look to the dead body of the Red Dragon and teleported away.

Eos: I suppose that there is a way to bring him back... right... Ouroboros?

He turned and looked at Ophis.

As the girls arrived into the Serafall hospital they were met by Kiba who was the first to be healed.

Kiba: President, Akeno, Ingvild! Huh... where are the others?

Rias: Could you... get everyone Yuuto?

He looked confused at his king but obeid anyway. He got everyone with them who looked worried, seeing the three women expressions.

Kiba: Here is everyone. What do we do now?

Rias: It's about the fight from earlier... After you guys left, Shalba Beelzebub appeared. He fought Issei and... even though Issei managed to kill him he... he...

As she broke down crying, Akeno took her in her arms. Everyone looked worried.

Ingvild: What... Rias is trying to say is that... Issei died while fighting Shalba.

Their eyes widdened in shock.

Valianah quickly left the room, followed by Le Fay.

Irina: Where is he?!

Asia: I can help him!

Ravel: My Pheonix powers can bring him back!

Koneko: I could help as well!

The Queen of Infernus made a no with her head.

Ingvild: He was pierced by an arrow that was imbued with Samael's blood. It is lethal for Dragons... I am sorry but there is nothing we can do.