Chapter 48: Ambushed

POV 3rd person

Issei got into his Cardinal Crimson Promotion and Eos summoned a Hell Fire sword. They both clashed with the True Longinus of Cao Cao.

Cao Cao: You are stronger, I will admit it. But it's still not enough!

He shot a laser into Issei's armor, destroying one of it's wings. Eos went back into offensive.

Eos: You might want to learn how to aim.

Cao Cao: You think this is the time to be funny?

Eos: I'm joking to not have a fucking mental breakdown over the fact that you ruined my celebration.

Cao Cao then extanded his spear, slicing Eos' cheek. But when the leader of the Hero Faction tried to go for the finishing blow, he clashed with Ascalon, wielded by Issei.

Issei: You wanted to fight us both. You have us both.

Cao Cao: You are only delaying the inevitable, Red Dragon!

The three men went back to their fight.

On the other's side, Georg was bombarding the group with magic attacks to prevent them from helping Issei and Eos. They were still able to use a barrier. An absolute attack versus an invincible wall.

Rossweisse: Hey! Maybe now would be a good time to use our familiars!

Xenovia: You're right. What was the chant again.

Ingvild: Remember quickly! I know mine. Dragon of dual colored eyes. Unleash that black scale of wrath and eradicate all opposing enemies.

A magic circle appeared above everyone but Georg didn't see it as he was looking down on his opponant.

Ingvild: Come forth! Dragon with eyes of rage! Supreme King Black Dragon - Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon!

As the Dragon finally came down it roared, allerting everyone.

Issei: Wow...

Cao Cao: A Supreme King Dragon?!

Eos simply smirked.

Ingvild: Rebellion, halves Georg power and make it your own!

The Dragon roared and aimed it's wings towards the magician. It shot two bolts of energy but nothing happened. Georg used his Longinus to teleport the attack behind him.

Georg: Dimension Lost. Everything you do is useless.

Ingvild: You are not the only one able to use a Longinus here. Nereid Kyrie!

Both Ingvild and Rebellion eyes glew an ocean blue and the Dragon roared once more. As he did, sparkles could be seen behind Georg, where the ground absorbed his attacks. The magician who watched the Dragon in awe couldn't anticipate the two bolts that striked him in the back.

Georg: Argh!

Hearing the cry of pain of his partner, Cao Cao pushed his opponents back and looked behind him.

Cao Cao: Georg!

He saw his friend on his knees, panting.

Georg: I... I'm fine...

Eos: Just so you know, we have three more of those. If you leave now, I won't come after you.

Cao Cao: Tch! You think you have any power?! I won't let you hurt my friends! Polar Night Longinus Chakravartin! Balance Breaker!

Issei: What?!

Eos: Shit!

Seven orbs appeared around the spear of the man.