Chapter 158: Longinus Vs Malebranch

POV 3rd Person

Issei and Valianah's team sat down in the VIP room of Azazel Stadium. The man they feared the most, Eos Asmodeus, was about to get into his last game before fighting them. He never lost one Rating Game in this second stage. Sure, he had a draw with Diehauser, but this was considered his win by the people and by most concurent also. But they were against one of the strongest if not the strongest team on the Cup, Team Trump Card of Heaven.

Led by Dulio, who was considered stronger than Gabriel herself, it had the Ace of Raphael, Diethelm Waldseemüller as it's Queen. The Angel used Holy Resurrection, a Sacred Gear with similar abilities to Asia's Twilight Healing. The Rooks of the team were Nero Raimondi, Ace of Uriel and weilder of Sturdy Saint, who also learned from Vasco Strada, and Ryuu Heikan, the 10 of Raziel. He was a powerful Chinese martial artist who powered up his attacks with light. Then were the Knights. Jessica Lagerkvist was Sandalphon's Queen. She used her light weapons to create solid barriers to block attacks. Kiyotora Shinra was the Jack of Metatron as well as the uncle to both Tsubaki and Byakko. He wielded two Spirit Swords given to him by Vatican. Finally, the Bishops were Griselda who Team DxD already knew and Mirana Shatavora, a shy Russian girl from the orthodox church who was powerful enough to vaporize Ultimate-Class Devils with her attacks. There were also eight Pawns, other members from Brave Saints. Also, the Devil Rudiger Rosenkreutz was a supervisor for the Team, teaching them Rating Games. The man was also the referee for this Game.

Rudiger: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to this new match of the Azazel Cup! Reminder that after this round, only two will remain before the grand finale! It's been four months since the begining of the Cup, and it is soon done! I hope that the next one will be even greater! Ah! What a privilege to be the winner of the first edition of the biggest event in history...

Rias: They're gonna do more than one? I'll definitly win next time!

Sona: Don't dream too much, I'll be the one to win!

Latia: You're all wrong, Eos will always come out on top!

Asia: Issei will win!

But Issei didn't react, he and Valianah looked at both teams arriving to the grounds of the Stadium under thunderous applause. Mirana covered her face in shyness while Nero smirked at Xenovia who he knew when they were both exorcists. Eos' team was his classic peerage.

Dulio: After all this time which we knew each other, we never actually fought.

Eos: Truly a shame, yes.

And so, the spin... spinned... and...

Kuroka: It's rigged!

Diethelm: Is it really fair?

Griselda: Yes, maybe we should reroll...

Eos held his hand in the air.

Eos: My team is fine with this terrain.

The eyes of everyone widdened.

Dulio: But Eos... it's Heaven...

Eos: Well, if you win, people will say it was because of the field and if I win, then my glory is even greater.

He smirked at the Angel who giggled.

Dulio: I see, well, if you have nothing against it.

Eos: Is it okay with you guys?

He turned to his team.

Crom: That will remind me of our battle.

Masaomi: This is where I was recruited, I'm good.