16

Double in two hours!!!

Sorry for the late update.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

*****

After school, Scott and Mitch were driving to Scott's house.

Scott kept thinking about Chris though. He kept thinking about how, maybe this is all his fault.

Mitch looked at Scott and instantly got worried, he could tell Scott was deep in thought.

"What's going on in that head of yours"? Mitch asked.

Scott shrugged. "Just thinking".

"Bout what"?

"Chris".

Mitch sighed. "We'll stop, I want to spend time with you".

Scott rolled his eyes. "I'm driving Mitch".

"Don't give me attitude".

Scott sighed. "Sorry, I just can't help but think that this is all my fault". Scott explained.

"What is 'your fault'"? Mitch asked.

Scott glanced at Mitch for a second before looking back to the road. "What's happening with Chris".

"Scott.... None of that is your fault". Mitch tried.

"If I never tripped him that first day.... Maybe he wouldn't pick on you". Scott said.

Mitch shook his head. "How do you know that's the reason"?

Scott shrugged. "I don't, just a hunch though. I did embarrass him in front of the whole class".

Mitch sighed. "Scott".

"Mitch". Scott said back, mocking him.

Mitch rolled his eyes. "It's not your fault. I promise".

"How can you promise that"? Scott asked.

Mitch stayed silent as he tried to come up with an answer.

Scott took the silence as an 'I can't'. "That's what I thought". Scott said.

Mitch dropped it and stayed silent as Scott drove the rest of the way to his house.

Ten minutes later, they walked inside Scott's house.

Mitch went straight for the stairs, heading for Scott's bedroom, not even waiting for Scott to follow behind him.

After Scott took his jacket off and set the keys down, he walked upstairs and to his bedroom.

Mitch was laying on the bed, thinking.

Scott sighed. "Are you mad at me, baby"?

Mitch shook his head. "No".

"Then what's wrong"?

Mitch looked at Scott. "Please don't blame yourself for this".

Scott shook his head and kneeled in front of the bed, so he could get eye level with Mitch. "Why shouldn't I"? He asked.

"Because, Scott, Chris is just a dumb douche who wants to mess with me. It's not your fault he's like that".

Scott nodded, deciding to level with Mitch and end the conversation. "I guess you're right".

Mitch smiled. "I'm always right".

Scott rolled his eyes and climbed into bed with Mitch, Mitch curling up into Scott's chest. "I know baby".