69

Just a cute filler chapter bc the first chapter of 'DMWSHB One Shot' book is now up!!!!

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

****

Scott took me out for lunch again today, like we normally do.

Should I tell him about wanting to be more confident. He'd support me. He'd be proud of me.

But what if I can't do it?! What if I fail at it. I'm just so done with being pushed around and treated like glass that might shatter at any moment or paper that might tear if you step on it.

I feel as if Scott shouldn't be the only one holding me steady on my feet. I feel as if I should be able to hold myself up without falling or tripping. But that's why I need him. I need Scott for that. Not that if I get more confident that I'll push him out of my life. I'll always need Scott. I love him.

He obviously noticed that I'm spacing out because he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

My eyes focused on him, "Hm"? I said.

"Are you okay. You look like you're thinking really hard".

"I am". Damn it, should I tell him?

He smiled slightly at me, "What about, baby".

I giggled at the nickname and looked down at my lap before looking back up to meet his eyes.

"I wanna start being more confident. Like, I'm done letting Chris push me around. I just...... starting today, I wanna be more confident".

He's never had I smile so big play on his face.

"Baby... O my God. That's huge. I'm so proud of you".

I grinned back at him. "Thank you".

He reached over to hold my hand and he made sure he was looking into my eyes. "And you know I'll be here every step of the way. That's definitely not gonna change".

I gave him a small smile. "Yes, I know. Thanks baby".

"Of course honey. I'll always be there for you".