131

Mitch woke up first, tangled up with Scott. He breathed in and turned himself around in Scott's arms. His back now facing his boyfriend, reaching over and grabbing his phone from the nightstand.

He pressed the home button, lighting up the screen. 11:42. He sighed, realizing that the two had already missed their first three classes at school.

Mitch groaned, deciding for the both of them that they won't go to school today and hang out at home. A good decision, seeing as Scott will have the worst hangover.

He wiggled out of Scott's grasp and threw the blankets off of him, the cool air hitting his naked body.

He chuckled and shook his head at himself, standing up and throwing on a pair off boxers and Scott's blue flannel from last night, buttoning it up.

Mitch walked out of their bedroom, gently shutting the door behind him. He walked down the the short hallways to the kitchen, grabbing Scott a bottle of water out of the fridge and some Ibuprofen from the cabinet.

Mitch then walked back into their bedroom, setting the two items on the nightstand before returning back to the kitchen and asking Michael to make Scott some breakfast. Nothing crazy, just eggs, bacon, and sausage.

After Michael said he'd get on it, Mitch told Michael that he'd be going out to get some groceries and would be back in thirty minutes. Then told him that if Scott wakes up when Mitch is still gone, when he was finished, to keep the food in the warming drawer and to serve it to Scott when Scott finally gets his ass out of bed.

Michael smiled politely and nodded, saying he'd do just that. Mitch thanked him and made his way out of the house, grabbing the keys to Scott's car because he hadn't driven his own car in months, sometimes forgetting he had his own at all.

He drove to Kroger, quickly making his way inside because he wanted to get back to Scott as soon as possible. The first items he went searching for was a charcoal drink that helped to cure hangovers, knowing just the Ibuprofen and breakfast was only going to do so much.

Mitch quickly found it, having bought it for Scott before, and made his way to the candy isle, picking up sour gummy worms and throwing them in the basket. He made sure to grab Scott's favorite candy and his own favorite chocolates, the ones with the different fillings.

He then made sure to grab milk, bread, and cheese. Ya know, simple essentials. He grabbed more coffee creamer and K Cups, although he was just going to stop by Starbucks on the way, getting his and Scott's usual.

It may seem weird that Mitch is doing all of this for Scott but Mitch knew that he had to talk to Scott today. He couldn't keep letting Scott wait for Mitch to fall asleep and cry his eyes out. They needed to talk about it. Which is why Mitch is getting all of Scott's favorite things. He's also an amazing boyfriend, so there's that.

After getting everything he needed, he walked to the self-checkout. He scanned each item, the total coming out to about $40 but he had Scott's card so it was alright.

Yeah yeah, he just bought all this stuff for Scott with Scott's money. But it's the thought that counts. Right?

He grabbed the groceries and and shoved the card in his wallet, walking out of the sliding glass doors and towards his (Scott's) car. He opened the doors and threw the grocery bags into the passenger seat, put on his seatbelt and started up the car.

The engine rumbled, signaling that the car is running. He pulled out of the parking space just in time for Michael to text him that Scott hasn't woken up yet but that the food is in the warming drawer.

Mitch texted back a quick 'thank you' and put on his 'calming music' playlist. He drove down the road back to his house, stopping at Starbucks on the way, ready to get home to Scott.

The anxiety about what he was going to talk to Scott about was building up inside him. He's scared of Scott's response, scared that this will be one of the few times he sees Scott break in front of him.

He hates it. He hates it so much.

But he needs to talk to Scott, he can't not talk to him.