136

"We have Physics next and then I'll take you out for lunch." Scott said, hand on the small of Mitch's back as they walked out of their classroom.

Mitch held his books close to his chest and smiled up at Scott, "Okay, that sounds good. Where're going?"

Scott shrugged, "Doesn't really matter to me. What're you in the mood for?"

"I always pick where we eat, baby boy. Why don't you pick this time. You are the one who pays, after all."

"I'll eat anywhere you want, you know I'm not picky."

Mitch rolled his eyes and sighed, "Well I don't really know what I'm in the mood for, so I'll eat just about anything."

"Okay. So pick a place."

Mitch groaned, "Scott... you're picking this time. So think about it during Physics."

Scott pouted, "But Mitchie... what if I pick something you don't want."

"I'll go for anything right now."

"You're so frustrating, I hate you."

Mitch giggled as they stopped in front of his locker. Their hands fell from each other as Mitch opened up his locker to throw his Spanish books in and grab his Physics books.

Just then, two people making out while walking fell into Mitch when they lost their footing, making Mitch crash into the locker and fall to the ground.

Scott was immediately down by Mitch's side, running his fingers through his hair and asking him if he was okay.

"I-.. I'm okay." Mitch said.

Scott bit his lip and took Mitch's chin into his fingers, tilting Mitch's face from side to side. Scott inspected Mitch's face, stopping when he saw a cut on Mitch's temple. A pretty good sized one at that.

Scott immediately got angry and was ready to walk his ass down the hall and punch who ever scratched up the gorgeous face of his boyfriend but, Mitch was Scott's first priority.

Scott helped Mitch up, successfully getting Mitch to his feet. Scott kissed the top of Mitch's head, a hand resting on Mitch's hip.

Mitch looked up at Scott when Scott pulled away, "The side of my head hurts.." He said softly because there was people crowding them, seeing as Scott shouted out a huge 'fuck' when he turned to see Mitch being knocked in to a locker.

Scott turned to look at everyone, "Fuck off!" He yelled, loud enough for everyone standing around to hear but not loud enough to get a teachers attention. Everyone scattered, whispering to each other.

Scott turned his attention to Avi, who had appeared at Scott's side at some point.

Scott looked at him, "Did you see who it was?" He asked.

Avi nodded, "Some ass from the Soccer team, I think."

"Go find him for me, get his name and maybe throw in a punch. I'll take care of him tomorrow." Scott said in a low whisper, not wanting Mitch to hear.

Just a few weeks ago, Mitch had told him that hitting people and getting in to fights for no reason wasn't going to work in college. And Scott agreed. But he had a reason.

Avi nodded and walked off, Scott turning back to Mitch's aid, touching the side of Mitch's head gently.

Mitch whimpered and shrunk away from Scott's touch, making Scott frown.

"Sorry.." Mitch mumbled.

"It's okay. Do you need the nurse, baby girl?"

Mitch shook his head, "No no, I'll be fine. Just wanna finish Physics so we can go eat."

"We can just go home after Physics, if you want?"

"No, Scottie. We missed so fuckin much last year. I'm never gonna get into the colleges I want to get in to if we keep missing. I'll be fine. We have three more hours of school left after lunch. I can handle it."

"Are you sure? I don't like it when you're hurt."

Mitch smiled slightly and stood on the tips of his toes to peck Scott's lips, "Ill be fine. You don't have to worry about me. Plus, we sit right beside each other for every class and I'm sure you'll make sure I'm okay every second."

Scott chuckled, "Damn right," he said, pecking Mitch's lips.

Mitch smiled and turned around to grab his books out of his locker, "Watch me this time. I don't want a scratch on the other side of my head," Mitch jokingly said.

Scott frowned, "I'm sorry. I should've watched you last time..."

Mitch shut his locker, turning towards Scott, and pouted, "No, babyboy. I was just joking. It's not your fault, you know that."

Scott sighed and nodded, grabbing Mitch's hand and walking towards Physics.