43

Another emotional roller coaster.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!! (Please point out spelling errors)

*****

Mitch sat in the waiting room with Kirstie.

Scott hadn't gone because he didn't think it was right to be there. Mike would've freaked out if he was there.

Mitch didn't understand why his parents were acting like they were. His mom loved Scott and his dad was, at least, a little bit content with it. Maybe it was Chris. Mitch doesn't know why but he's going to talk to his dad and maybe convince him that Scott is a good person.

It'll be hard, seeing as Scott has tattoo sleeves that he hides everyday. Yes, his parents gave consent for him to get tattoos at 16-17 years old. Scott argument was that they were never there anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway.... Mike doesn't like tattoos, which is funny because Mitch loves them. Mike always said they were for 'bad boys'. Now, Scott isn't a saint, absolutely not, but he's a good guy. He has a great heart for the people he loves and cares for. Although no one sees him in that way.

Mitch POV

The doctor walked out, pulling me from my crazy thoughts that were currently overwhelming my brain. There really was too much going on in there.

I stood from my seat, needing to hear the news. "So..."? I said.

"I'm afraid I don't have some very good news... your dad, he, well, he's not in very good shape. He's had very bad health for a long time and... we don't think he's going to make it... I'm very sorry".

I stood still, with no emotion in my face, as if I hadn't just heard that my dad will die soon. Everyone else would've thought I was in shock but.. truth is.., I was never close with my dad. He and I didn't really get along all that well. He was a good man at heart and, deep down, I know he tried his hardest to approve of me, to wrap his head around the fact that I'm gay or that I use to be depressed or that I have a boyfriend that I've hidden from him for almost two and a half years before he finally found out, and not in the good way. He really did try to understand. He wasn't raised in a home where you accepted people who were different. He was taught that everyone had to be the same. Everyone had to be happy. Everyone had to like the opposite sex. Everyone followed the rules and were good kids. But I forgive him, he is my dad and I love him but... not enough to cry over him and, I know, that's sad, to not cry over your own fathers death, but I can't force my body to cry, not for the man that yelled at me very single day for being 'more feminine' and, I guess, he always just knew I was gay, even before I came out to him, he knew. But he won't ever accept it.

I actually change my mind, I can forgive him for everything he's done but I can't forgive him for not accepting me.