58

"Scott, you don't have to walk me to the bathroom".

"Yes I do. Chris might be in there".

"No, Scott, I'll be right back. Just stay and eat your lunch. I'll be fine".

"I just know that he'll be waiting for you".

Mitch sighed, giving up. He knew it was hopeless. Scott was going to go with him, whether he liked it or not.

"Okay, let's go then". Mitch said, standing up from the lunch table, hand in hand with Scott.

As they walked past the table Chris was sitting at, Scott made sure to give him a hard stare.

Chris held his hands up in surrender and turned back to talking with someone.

They walked into the bathroom, apparently five freshman decided that it was a hang out place but as they looked at Scott, they got up quickly and walked out.

Scott smirked and let go of Mitch's hand.

"Okay, go use the restroom".

Mitch rolled his eyes and turned on his heals, walking into a stall. He locked the and unbuttoned his pants.

"You don't have to baby me, Scott".

"Yes I do. I have to prot-"

"Yeah yeah yeah. You have to protect me".

Scott furrowed his brows, "What the hell is that suppose to mean".

"You know that's not what I meant".

"I don't protect you? What do you think I'm doing right now".

Mitch walked out of the stall, not answering Scott and going straight to the sink and washing his hands.

"Mitch".

Mitch just ignored him and continued to wash his hands.

Scott put a hand on Mitch's shoulder and turned him to face him.

"Mitchell, I'm not babying you. I'm trying to help, to you protect you".

"Well you don't usually do a very good job with that". Mitch sassed.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows and stepped back.

Mitch closed his eyes and sighed, "Scott, just liste-"

"No. You know what? Don't come crying to me when something happens. You can protect yourself from him. I'm done trying to help you when you obviously don't want it". Scott said, turning his back to face Mitch and walking out of the bathroom.